Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Warehouse Recording Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

crikey Paul, how big is this space going to be? Seems like a whole lot of great stuff going on.

I'll be jogging up from Waterford and bringing a friend with me to help carry all the free mousemats, plecs, stickers, hats, pens, lighters, calculators, calendars, skins, t shirts and other bits and bobs that go to make a great day out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Cool, Gregg - everyone is welcome !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Main Show day is Weds Arid, yea ?

Somehow I have managed to get my dates mixed up and thought today was the 2nd. Balls. What to do now is the question...:confused:

Dirk Brauner, Mike + Richard from SSL, Gary from Manley/Massenburg, Zen from Resolution and the legendary Rupert Cobb are all here in Nenagh tonight.

Chris from Munro and Wolsey , Hard-Fi's producer, Neil from Sonic, Steve from Audient and Matt from Exigy fly in from London in the morning .

Our local stars Chris, Phil, Barry and Richard will be down too.

We've already had a great evening shooting the Recording Breeze .... and met a local Boardsie to boot!

Tomorrow is going to be a biggie - See you there !

I could tell you about the hydraulics failing on the Helicopter that Peter had organised to collect the lads from the Airport, but I'll leave that for another day !

Somehow I have managed to get my dates mixed up and thought today was the 2nd. Balls. What to do now is the question...:confused:

Arid, if you can get down tomorrow (Joe's already here I'm afraid) there's bound to be a lift back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭petermaher

I could tell you about the hydraulics failing on the Helicopter that Peter had organised to collect the lads from the Airport, but I'll leave that for another day !
    What paul's trying to say is that one of the hydraulic servos failed on the EC120 as it was about to leave to collect the lads from the airport. Luckily some friends of ours in california happened to have a spare EC120 hydraulic servo. This was sent to us immediately and when it arrives in the morning will be fitted by the maintenance engineers who will have the heli back fully operational for the show today............ Oh yeah, there's a heli doing pleasure flights from the studio today!!:cool:

And we're off ....

7218_148444684873_645694873_3383375_3453327_n.jpg

Here we are getting set up for meeting some of you guys today.
    I'm really looking forward to what will be a great day !

http://www.prosoundnewseurope.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1336&Itemid=1

Here we are in Pro-Sound News. With a beautifully garbled misquote from me !

And we're off ....

7218_148444684873_645694873_3383375_3453327_n.jpg

Here we are getting set up for meeting some of you guys today.
    I'm really looking forward to what will be a great day !

the guy in the grey hoody needs to get his hands out of his pockets and grab a brush :p

Thanks to everyone who came today. I reckon in the region of about 65 people attended across the day.

I estimate about 25% I'd not met before.

The only hitch was when Hard-Fi's Wolsey White was due to get a lift down to the Studio with Steve from Audient.

That plan was interfered with by the fact that Wolsey landed in Shannon as planned whilst Steve landed in Dublin.....

However our Host Peter quickly sorted out yesterday's Helicopter and a surprised Wolsey landed 15 mins later !

Proceeding will probably not go on too late tomorrow (maybe 4ish) but I'd love for any of you who can attend tomorrow to do so.

7218_148749314873_645694873_3386521_1203224_n.jpg

Dirk Brauner in action 'Look behind you !'

7218_148749319873_645694873_3386522_7987967_n.jpg
    One thing we hadn't considered was parking !!

7218_148749289873_645694873_3386520_7245836_n.jpg

A not very good view of the Studio from the Chopper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

Well done Paul for organizing such an awesome event!

For me meeting Mr. Brauner was truly inspiring :)!

All the best.

Shay.

Cheers Shay - thanks for coming.

It was a fabulous day ok ! Dirk , and many others there, are an inspiration.
    I enjoy meeting them as much as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bendybones

Yup great event.
    Thanks to Paul for orgainsing it, Peter for having us, and to all who showed up to share their experience.
    Keith

Cheers Keith ! It was a good one ok.

I was just chatting to Chris from Munro and he said at one stage he counted 53 in the control room !

So I'll upscale my estimation to 75 for the day. Brilliant !

just to add my thanks to Paul, Peter, Rupert and all the good folks who made it such a tres cool day. Wonderful to spend a few hours in the company of folks who are so positive and enthusiastic about music and the technology we use along the way. As a musician I found it all quite inspirational and a real learning experience. Cheers and my name is down for next year, please.

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

Paul, Peter and everyone involved thank you for a great day yesterday. Well done on orgainisng a stellar line up, I am only sorry I had to leave early.

Thanks again and already looking forward to the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Cheers to Paul and Peter for putting on a great day and evening!

Rupert and Wolsey head off to Shannon Airport !

7218_149355339873_645694873_3393358_2293155_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭danjokill

11811 wrote: »
    Cheers to Paul and Peter for putting on a great day and evening!

I'll second that ........ great craic!!!!!
    I have stuck a few phone pic's on my myspace and facebook ........

http://www.myspace.com/redcapprojectstudio
    http://www.facebook.com/ciaran.mccreary

Ciaran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

May I grab some of those photos for our Website Lads ?

Yes you can! :) Thanks for asking. Please give me a credit though. Here they are (the flash thingy won't let you download otherwise):
    http://www.madtheory.com/pictures/Audiowarehouse%40Middlewalk/images/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭petermaher

Just a quick thanks to everybody for coming and supporting the show. I'm well pleased with how the whole thing went. I don't think anyone was expecting such a crowd. The UK guys were blown away with the support. I seemed to spend the day running around in the rain with kettles and trays of sambos so didn't really get to chat to anyone in detail so if anyone has any questions about the studio please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks again, Peter.:)

Peter, thanks a million, you did a great job, excellent hosting and engineering!!

Rupert sends greetings to the AWH show attendees from a speedboat in Sweden ....... no, I don't know either !

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=62850170

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Rupert sends greetings to the AWH show attendees from a speedboat in Sweden ....... no, I don't know either !

Video isn't working on my laptop Dr Paul?

Are we human?
    Or are we dancer?
    My sign is vital
    My hands are cold
    And I'm on my knees
    Looking for the answer
    Are we human?
    Or are we dancer?

dav nagle wrote: »
    Video isn't working on my laptop Dr Paul?

Seems fine here Dav

Is he trying to better Wolsey in the chopper or what? ;)

• Advertisement

After he left us he went straight to Sweden via London for some gigs.

I'm off to London tomorrow to join him for a string recording session in AIR Studio .... should be fun.

Advertisement