Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Warehouse Recording Show

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    After he left us he went straight to Sweden via London for some gigs.

I'm off to London tomorrow to join him for a string recording session in AIR Studio .... should be fun.
    woa, back the truck up there mr. life in the fast lane .... we get invited along to the local stuff but then when the choice away trips happen we get left at home. :p

dunno, if Keef invited me out to Jamaica I'd bring everyone. then again, if Jesica Alba invited me you could all stay at home :p

seriously though, report back with pix and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ENHANCED AUDIO

Hi Paul,

Just want to say thanks so much for the invite to the Recording Show.
    It was a fantastic 2 days and great to catch up with everyone.

Best regards,

David Browne
    Enhanced Audio
    www.enhancedaudio.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

old gregg wrote: »
    woa, back the truck up there mr. life in the fast lane .... we get invited along to the local stuff but then when the choice away trips happen we get left at home. :p

dunno, if Keef invited me out to Jamaica I'd bring everyone. then again, if Jesica Alba invited me you could all stay at home :p

seriously though, report back with pix and stuff

It's String tracks on yer one Grace Ashton's album .... the videos which were played at the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-HSFvbQcD8

She'll be singing live with a quartet. Should be Cool ok.

Hi Paul,

Just want to say thanks so much for the invite to the Recording Show.
    It was a fantastic 2 days and great to catch up with everyone.

Best regards,

David Browne
    Enhanced Audio
    www.enhancedaudio.ie

Dave , thanks for coming. I'm looking forward to trying out those speaker stands with my NS 10,000s !

• Advertisement

The dust is just about settled and I'd like to that the people that helped Audio Warehouse put on a very successful and fun show.

Peter Maher from Middlewalk, our gracious host.

Rupert Cobb - International Music Lad, who entertained us all.

Dirk Brauner - Came all the way from Germany to tell us his tale.

Zen Schoepe - from Resolution Magazine.

Company Reps - all who took the trouble to visit and support us during these less than ideal financial times.

Joe Egan from The Nutshed, he bombed about all over the place collecting and delivering.

JJ Vernon - who transported some people and equipment down from Dublin.

John Colohan - who spent his afternoon singing 'Message in a Bottle' mashed with a bit of Sean Nos singing whilst Mics were A/B/Ced

Declan Colohan - John's brother, who spent the few days taking Photos, some of which will be used in Magazines soon.

Executive Helicopters, Galway who saved our bacon a bit and shuttled various lads to various places.

Thanks to you all and I'm looking forward to next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 RichardP@SSL

On behalf of Mike and myself, many congrats to Paul for arranging a really useful event.

Thanks to Peter for being the perfect host with the perfect location and thanks to all of you who attended and made us both very welcome.

I have put a little summary of the event and the link to Mike's snaps on the SSL Blog which can be found at: http://solidstatelogic.wordpress.com/

Always a pleasure to visit you guys over there and hopefully it won't be too long before we are over there again.

All the very best

Richard Palmer
    Distribution Manager
    Solid State Logic

Ricky and Mickey !
    Thanks for taking the slow boat to Holyhead to join us.

You mention the remoteness of the studio, which is true - all the more kudos to the 75 or so people who did join us for the day - there is obviously fire in their bellies.

They're the very ones we need making Irish Recordings.

See yez all next year ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 RichardP@SSL

Couldn't agree more big fella. The remoteness is a positive thing in my book. Not many rooms you could work in where the doors can be left open onto that view.

It's great to see the buzz out there and it's always a pleasure to support you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭petermaher

Couldn't agree more big fella. The remoteness is a positive thing in my book. Not many rooms you could work in where the doors can be left open onto that view.

Cheers for that Richard:)

• Advertisement

I received an email from Dirk Brauner today regarding the show which went as follows -

"
    I really think it was great! Great people, great contacts! Next time we'll do it even better!

BTW: Why not offer a special for all guys that took part in the event:

The Valvet X is out of it's special reduced price period. For all people that took part in the event we could still offer it for the special price within a limited time window. "

The deal he refers to is -

Special offer till July 30th, 2009:

Valvet: 2160 EUR ex Vat
    Valvet X pure cardioid: 1828 EUR ex Vat

This has been extended by one month from it's original June deadline.

As anyone who heard the Valvet-X at the show that's one hell of a mic for that money ....

http://www.brauner-microphones.de/en/products/valvet_x

Here are a few more photos ... thanks to Declan Colohan Photography.

7218_156331239873_645694873_3492053_5755484_n.jpg

7218_156331244873_645694873_3492054_7515955_n.jpg

7218_156331254873_645694873_3492055_1754540_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Sorry I couldn't make it.
    Up to my ears mixing a film.
    The photo above highlights the distinct lack of female interest in our field:D

Sorry I couldn't make it.
    Up to my ears mixing a film.
    The photo above highlights the distinct lack of female interest in our field:D

That was commented upon on the day ok !
    Hopefully we'll see you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

Hi Paul,
    Great day , great studio and great audio heads
    Roll on the next one !
    -Declan Lonergan

Advertisement