Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CONNECTING TO XBOX LIVE USING 3MOBILE BROADBAND, HELP????

• 20-07-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

hey guys,
    well,my prob is that i`d love to connect to xbox live but the only internet i have is 3mobile broadband,so i`m not sure if thats even possible to do wi that? an if it is, then how?? can i connect it through my laptop or somethin? not sure,all help appreciated :)
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

I'd imagine that would be some epic fail even if you did get it to work, because the latency/ping on the connection would be so high you'd lag like a mofo.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LEGEND24

ye darren,had a feeling that mite happen to it alrite, but sure ye never know unless ye try either :(

Ah yeah I suppose, mightn't be too bad if you're close enough to the mast.

Don't know how you go about it though, because I'm not an Xbox owner or a mobile broadband user.

Good luck anyway though!

I'm pretty sure this is probably what you need.

betafrog wrote: »
    And you're browsing the XBox Forum?

It was on the front page in latest forum posts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Read the sticky at the top of the forum for information on how to connect through your laptop or pc
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

after a few days of trying I managed to get my xbox connected via my vodafone mobile broadband on the laptop.

While the stickied post in this forum was useful it only got me so far. I had two mobile connections in my network folder, one had the media centre text on it while the other was just the standard text for mobile broadband. I'd been wrongly trying to configure the one for Media Centre. I'd been stuck at the MTU failure up to that. Worked fine straight after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

after a few days of trying I managed to get my xbox connected via my vodafone mobile broadband on the laptop.

While the stickied post in this forum was useful it only got me so far. I had two mobile connections in my network folder, one had the media centre text on it while the other was just the standard text for mobile broadband. I'd been wrongly trying to configure the one for Media Centre. I'd been stuck at the MTU failure up to that. Worked fine straight after that.

I used this method once in college for downloading a game, can be handy when stuck.

Advertisement