Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had 1 club to play for - who would it be? (Cant be your own club)

• 20-07-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Right i've decided to put a poll together for 2 reasons:

1. I'm bored
    2. With all talk about top clubs and which is the best, i'm curious.

Just imagine that you were one of the top players in the world and every club in the world wanted you in their starting XI. Wages etc would be the same no matter where you went (obv. scandulously high). Choose your club. Remember you are one of the best on the planet.

BTW results are hidden and will close in 3 days.

Who is your dream club to play for? 74 votes

Man Utd.
    0% 0 votes
    Liverpool
    21% 16 votes
    Chelsea
    6% 5 votes
    Arsenal
    2% 2 votes
    Barcelona
    4% 3 votes
    Real Madrid
    24% 18 votes
    AC Milan
    2% 2 votes
    Juventus
    6% 5 votes
    Inter Milan
    6% 5 votes
    Bayern Munich
    2% 2 votes
    The team I support
    1% 1 vote
    None of the above
    20% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Warper wrote: »
    Right i've decided to put a poll together for 2 reasons:

1. I'm bored
    2. With all talk about top clubs and which is the best, i'm curious.

Just imagine that you were one of the top players in the world and every club in the world wanted you in their starting XI. Wages etc would be the same no matter where you went (obv. scandulously high). Choose your club. Remember you are one of the best on the planet.

Red Star Bray.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No Celtic? Ah jaysis bud :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Where's the Newcastle United option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

None of them are my dream club, but I likely wouldn't turn any of them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

See my sig.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

this is a stupid thread. It's going to be between United and Liverpool with the most likely winner being Liverpool, I'll leave you to guess the reasons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Liam O wrote: »
    this is a stupid thread. It's going to be between United and Liverpool with the most likely winner being Liverpool, I'll leave you to guess the reasons...

Yeah why not just ask which is the team you support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya, I was gonna put Celtic in and I realise I left out a host of teams but being realistic playing for Celtic would probably come after you have played for a top 10 team;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Pity there is no 'none of the above' option.

If every Celtic, Everton, Man City, Newcastle etc fan goes and votes for a continental team because they don't want to play for a rival the pole will be a bit fooked.

Liam O wrote: »

Maybe it is but fcuk it. People should put their bias aside and just choose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

None of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Alfies.

People should put their bias aside

On the Boards.ie Soccer Forum?

Good luck with that tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You tread on my dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Poll slightly edited

Yay!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well if I am just one of the top players in the world, then my choice is Liverpool, but if I am a Maradona at his peak type player, one who can pretty much carry a team like he did with Napoli, then I am playing with Stuttgart for a couple of seasons before transferring to Liverpool. :D

Actually I should have put in you cannot vote for the club you support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No Go-Ahead Eagles?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Too late. My vote MUST count.

Democracy must prevail!!!

• Advertisement

Boardeaux. I wish I could get a game for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I am a United fan but love what Moyes has done at Everton with such limited funds. And for that reason if he was willing to splash a bit a cash on me I would be honoured to play for him. Then when he takes over at United, he would bring me with him!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I am a Bohs fan but love what Mick Wallace has done at Wexford Youths with limited funds.

:confused:
    bit late to be saying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Why can't it be? Most people honestly would play for the team they support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Given the non availability of Sligo Rovers , I picked Barcelona

Messi - Ibra - gustavo :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If I was one of the world's top players right now I'd want to be playing for Barca. I'd steer clear of Real and their galacticos.

Italian football wouldn't interest me, nor would living there.

In England I couldn't play for Arsenal as I support them, but I probably wouldn't anyway. They don't look like winning anything anytime soon. Man City's millions wouldn't interest me, I'd like to think I'd get by on just £100k a week instead of £180k or whatever ridiculous wages they're handing out. I hate United so they're out. Liverpool... I just would think would be a little short on success. Chelsea, if I was joining an English team it would probably be them. Decent shot at all trophies they compete for, very high wages, based in a decent city.

Once my contract was up I'd have my swansong playing in one of the best supported leagues in the world, the Bundesliga with 1. FC Köln, I'd be a big fish at a small pond.

Then I'd retire, develop a gambling problem and lose all my millions. I'd end up being a pundit on TV3.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Leeds

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Barcelona all the way,great club great city fine woman and a real football club.

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    Why can't it be? Most people honestly would play for the team they support
    Actually yeah. It seems pointless saying that people can't vote for the club they support. Any avid supporter will want to play for their own club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bradford City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Has to be Man City. If I can't play for my beloved West Ham I might as well earn some crazy money instead :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Forza Rossoneri!

I don't care, I'm voting with me heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

I want to play for Boca Juniors. The atmosphere over there is just nuts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    Boardeaux. I wish I could get a game for them.
    I'm surprised you haven't put yourself on for Ciaran.. a 5 year old would put away some of the chances he's missed :D:D

Back on topic... Norwich City, my first ever jersey. down to my ankles but I loved it!

• Advertisement

Bumped for results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If I had to choose, it'd be Barca Athletic... ;) I picked Milan though! I wouldn't be too picky about Inter/ Milan/ Juve though mind you... ;);)

Advertisement