Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 - LanParty.ie 2 Competition

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    The fact that you think you interpreted what I was saying that way should leave everyone else in no doubt about the preferred sexual orientation of Guile players around the world. :P

cherylcole.jpg

I was kinda hoping you looked like this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

cherylcole.jpg

Hotlinkfail.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Just want to say well done to Azza,his psycho power surely knows no limit!

I'm a bit annoyed I missed it but it just wasn't possible for me yesterday :mad:
    Really looking forward to seeing the (psycho) videos.

Also congrats to Placebo on his 3s win.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jim wrote: »
    Hotlinkfail.

Sigh...

I'll fix it later, on mobile on my way to gc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Congrats Placebo and Azza. I couldn't make it in the end :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

cherylcole.jpg

Guessing by the jpg name that this was http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/x-factor/6384824/X-Factor-Cheryl-Coles-Street-Fighter-outfit.html

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Who won the 6th and 5th placed decider between Sisko and A-Trak after the tournament was over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IIRC A-Trak buggered off before it could be done.
    -> Sisko wins by default ;)

Hey Doom, you didn't thank me for telling you to play Remy in 3S yet :P
    Here's a good example of fantastic Remy play.

And a tutorial vid, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Azza wrote: »
    Who won the 6th and 5th placed decider between Sisko and A-Trak after the tournament was over?

I'll take 6th as I did one before we had a chance to settle it.
    His Ryu would've given me issues anyway;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

A few pics from the event, its taking some time to process the pics. Shooting with a high iso and no flash has its issues :) I'll do a dump of all of them all soon enough.

Heres a few highlights from the event.

http://picasaweb.google.com/LanParty.ie/LanPartyIe2SFIV

After a heartbreaking discovery that all the videos were corrupt, i think i've managed to recover them all, though there will be some small loss and artifacting. It'll take a few days to get them all cut and posted, but i'll post them here as they go up.
    Subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/lanpartyie to get updates

• Advertisement

Good luck man, hope you can get the finals up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

A-Trak wrote: »
    I'll take 6th as I did one before we had a chance to settle it.
    His Ryu would've given me issues anyway;)

I dunno about that at all man, I've very little experience against your level of honda play. I might have given you a decent fight if I was at my peak , but I was totally feckin burned out yesterday and unable to adapt to anything I'd not be used to. Basiclly I was in automatic mode :p I'd say if anything it would have been a walk over for you tbh.

I shall be getting plenty of sleep and a packed lunch next time there's a tourney, thats for damn sure.
    PPC wrote: »
    A few pics from the event, its taking some time to process the pics. Shooting with a high iso and no flash has its issues :) I'll do a dump of all of them all soon enough.

Heres a few highlights from the event.

http://picasaweb.google.com/LanParty.ie/LanPartyIe2SFIV

After a heartbreaking discovery that all the videos were corrupt, i think i've managed to recover them all, though there will be some small loss and artifacting. It'll take a few days to get them all cut and posted, but i'll post them here as they go up.
    Subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/lanpartyie to get updates

Hey m8 just want to express my deepest thanks for your efforts yesterday, you had a lot of stuff on your shoulders, far too much for any one person to deal with and yet you were calm and cool all day, I hope we were a pleasant enough crowd to deal with :p I hate that people being stuck on the ps3 pad means an awful lot of farting around for everyone. I really gotta get a stick I just hope it doesn't take too long for me to get used to one. Been using a PS pad for... 8 or so years now I think... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

*cough*

Might take a while for the post processing on youtube's end to happen.

Hope i made the cuts at the correct matches :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cunny just get an InPin converter so that you can use a PS1/2 pad on 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

PPC wrote: »
    *cough*

Might take a while for the post processing on youtube's end to happen.

Hope i made the cuts at the correct matches :)

Nice quality, fair play.

That's the wrong converter, InPin is for PS1/2 -> PS3/PC.
    You need an XConverter 360 and, IIRC, a Microsoft pad for pass-through.
    Hit up laugh on SRK for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You know when the next-gen consoles came out, I assumed that the pads would no longer be exclusive, considering the USB connection and same amount of buttons/layout.

How naive I am :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's the wrong converter, InPin is for PS1/2 -> PS3/PC.
    You need an XConverter 360 and, IIRC, a Microsoft pad for pass-through.
    Hit up laugh on SRK for one.

Yeah, wasn't thinking. Although the converter I have was only a tenner and works perfectly. It was tested by several people and it has no input lag.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Brand-New-PS2-to-Xbox-360-Converter-Controller-Cable_W0QQitemZ280414604195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item414a034ba3

Needs a wired 360 pad.

Think they're only about €17 on ebay too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah this is an option too alright and works great for casuals but I'd wanna spend a bit of time using a ps1/ps2 pad 1st before using one in a tourny cause they're not as sensitive as the ps3 pad and I found I did wiff a few things due to not pressing the buttons hard enough :rolleyes: Didnt wanna risk playing with one in a tourny till I had a little more time with one (only had about 2 or 3 games using your converter that time)

But yeah wheres the best place to buy one? You interested in selling any of yours? :p

Check my post right above yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I had a great day yesterday. It was a lot fun playing some SF with other players and watching the tournament unfold. Major thanks to everyone there. From the organisers for their work throughout to everyone who was there for just being pleasant and friendly people. Good games to everyone I played and if you all ever do a similar event, I'd love to participate once again.

Cobelcog wrote: »
    I had a great day yesterday. It was a lot fun playing some SF with other players and watching the tournament unfold. Major thanks to everyone there. From the organisers for their work throughout to everyone who was there for just being pleasant and friendly people. Good games to everyone I played and if you all ever do a similar event, I'd love to participate once again.
    Great to see a fellow Cammy representing :)

If you get a chance defiantly come to some of our tournys/casuals in Dublin, or go to the Dragonslayers in Belfast. Nothing beats playing IRL!

I'm still marveling at your tech skills, I can't even touch it. Most enjoyable Cammy mirrors I've played!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Jim wrote: »
    Great to see a fellow Cammy representing :)

If you get a chance defiantly come to some of our tournys/casuals in Dublin, or go to the Dragonslayers in Belfast. Nothing beats playing IRL!

I'm still marveling at your tech skills, I can't even touch it. Most enjoyable Cammy mirrors I've played!

Ah ha, thanks a lot man. Playing offline is something I definately want to do more often so chances are that I will be playing with you all again some time in the future :)

I'll be putting up pics from the weekend tomorrow (a bit too pissed right now to do it). Btw, alot of the photos I wanted I can't find on my cam, so I think I may have taken them on PPC's cam by accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Ah ha, thanks a lot man. Playing offline is something I definately want to do more often so chances are that I will be playing with you all again some time in the future :)

Ya you should come down to the next tourney. Im shocked you didnt go further in this one, i was tipping you for 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Unfortunately I got there too late to witness the SF tournaments - heard they were impressive and enjoyable though! Who won the Dan Tournament? :D

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Where are the vids of the final 8 in the winners bracket? Any up yet?

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ry wrote: »
    Where are the vids of the final 8 in the winners bracket? Any up yet?

Ry

Videos are being encoded atm.

Can those of ye that attended please provide feedback on the event, venue and anything else you can think of. PPC had the SF stuff down so I'm not sure we could improve on perfection. :)

Definitely a good venue. The Street Fighter area was a bit cramped though, could have done with a little bit more space between tables for moving around as we change machines quite often, whereas the FPS players tend to just stay at the one machine the whole time.

Would also be handy if any PCs that are used already have the drivers installed for 360 and PS3 controllers. (although Jim explained the difficulties with PS3 controllers on Vista 64 bit)

The organisation was fine. A few delays, but it was only one guy so can't be too critical.

Hopefully next time you can find some software that won't lag behind when it is being projected also.

All in all, a very good event and venue and will definitely be at the next one.

Thanks to all involved.

• Advertisement

'Twas a good LAN, although my personal time-keeping wasn't the best -- arrived at 8pm Friday, played til 4am with only Sagat & 1 randomer, then slept til 11am :rolleyes:
    Also, there was confusion in the group elimination stages as to whether to use single or FT2 games - our group did single & that kinda dampened my tourney hopes. :( Also, I have come to the conclusion that single elimination (3S) is quite damn harsh* - have no idea why the Japs have stuck to it for so long.

But really, IMHO, the only thing the next event needs is time for a Super Turbo tourney. Or Rose Ball. :D

*when facing Hugo (1385 HP) vs Yang (1020 HP) -- darn you Ken B!!

Advertisement