Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 - LanParty.ie 2 Competition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Videos uploaded in order.
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3CFD3D9CF076A440

Unfortunately some of them are pretty damaged, i've done what i can to repair them. But the majority of them are fine and watchable :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

PPC wrote: »

Unfortunately some of them are pretty damaged, i've done what i can to repair them. But the majority of them are fine and watchable :)

It's a pity the round where I went all crazy on Terry is nearly gone completely but I'd rather have it the way it is then not at all :) The DooM is very pleased with the whole experience lads, the best video game based weekend of me life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

PPC wrote: »

You'll definitely need to find a new setup for recording if that's going to keep happening.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You'll definitely need to find a new setup for recording if that's going to keep happening.

:(

The recording setup is fine tbh, it was the hard drive on the laptop that had issues. A new hard drive will sort it and will be in place for our next event in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I thought it was a good event, having the brackets and groups on the projector for everyone to see was handy. Im nitpicking here but one of the setups i was playing on for the group matches didnt have any sound and the tv for the finals looked like it was about to die at times :pac:

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    I thought it was a good event, having the brackets and groups on the projector for everyone to see was handy. Im nitpicking here but one of the setups i was playing on for the group matches didnt have any sound and the tv for the finals looked like it was about to die at times :pac:

If you only have to nitpick to make a complaint then we're happy tbh. We'll look in to it for next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    The recording setup is fine tbh, it was the hard drive on the laptop that had issues. A new hard drive will sort it and will be in place for our next event in the new year.

I look forward to the next event! Big time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Great event. Venue was good, setup was nicely done and everything ran fairly well.

A small issue I would bring up was that the SFIV comp was a little slow to build up steam and there was a little confusion as to the exact format (although that was the standard for fighting game events that weekend).

Kinetic my main feedback would perhaps be to just add a little more fun and drama to the preceedings. There was nothing wrong, tbh complaining would be the most nitular of picks.

Like for example, instead of just person x won SF4, describe them as the current reigning champ until the next lanparty where they will be "defending their crown".

Maybe have people commentate on the videos before they go up.

Things like that, it's how evo et al do it, adda little drama to preceedings. As I said to a couple of the lads, make the events like the Wrestlemania and the Summerslam of the fighting game year.

If that makes sense.

Yup sure does. LanParty.ie 3: Eastenders! :D

• Advertisement

Yup sure does. LanParty.ie 3: Eastenders! :D

Lollers. :)

It makes sense to me though. It kind gives noobs a target too- like, currently, in SF4, Azza is the man to beat.

I don't know the story either but I heard vague mutterings about you talking to Gaelcon about organising stuff a little better next year? For a couple minutes it even looked like I was going to get drafted to run it :D

I don't know the story either but I heard vague mutterings about you talking to Gaelcon about organising stuff a little better next year? For a couple minutes it even looked like I was going to get drafted to run it :D

Don't know anything about it dude! I'm not sure Thaed could afford me though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lollers. :)

It makes sense to me though. It kind gives noobs a target too- like, currently, in SF4, Azza is the man to beat.

I beat Azza on a regular basis :D. The fact that he won makes me a sad panda that I didn't go. He fears the stretchy indian and his floaty jumping!

Seriously though, I'm not surprised he won it. His Bison is quality. And If you watch his play now compared to three months ago, he is miles better. Wouldn't surprise me if he won the next Inferno Ranbat either. In fact I'd put money on it.

Kirby wrote: »
    I beat Azza on a regular basis :D. The fact that he won makes me a sad panda that I didn't go. He fears the stretchy indian and his floaty jumping!

Seriously though, I'm not surprised he won it. His Bison is quality. And If you watch his play now compared to three months ago, he is miles better. Wouldn't surprise me if he won the next Inferno Ranbat either. In fact I'd put money on it.

Yeah he was really, really on form. From my perspective I was only starting to formulate a defence to keep him out by the time the fight was over, he beasted me in the first fight, the second was pretty tight. We'd been playing a few casuals and it was pretty much 50/50% before that. He really brought the a game when it mattered.

Also, Bush killed me. Stone dead. From the videos I had 1 maybe 2 rounds where I gave him any trouble at all. I have to find a way to keep myself from getting stuck in a block string against him.

I wouldn't mind only those two put me out in the last inferno and I had sunk serious time learning Blanka, so of course Bush switches to Rufus :D

I'm happy with my 4th place, Azza seriously deserved his win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

For those of you who weren't there, here is what you missed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lol ^ BRILLIANT
    who made that?

FADC ULLLLTRAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa

Maybe we could do a little podcast before the next lanparty. They get alot of hits and might draw in a few punters. Plus I think a serious couple of grudge matches could be talked abuot (I'd say Terry is itching for a rematch, and I am working on a way to get that sun uv a beetch Byeson).

Might bring in more people if Monkeyfudge is good enough to put it on the podcast feed.

Doom, you're our new PR agent. We'll discuss remuneration at a later date. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Congrats lads on a fantastic tournament it was class!

A big thanks to the lads who set it up for us and PPC I believe who recorded and ran the tourny (shame about the HD).

As for feedback, I think it just needs a bit of tweaking here and there and it would be spot on.

Clarification on the format needs to be made before it starts, I played 3 different formats in the group stage alone. Bush was right about the tv we played in our match, the screen was on its way out and was flickering. But from a hardware point of view we had more than enough, everyone had sticks and pads and was willing to share. There was always a spare machine if people wanted some casuals.

In all honesty for the next one, if we had as much hardware we could have had 3 or 4 tournaments running consecutively, SF4, SF3, HD Remix and Tekken or what ever for a bit of a mixup.

**edit** @Animax - Top tier highlight reel lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    lol ^ BRILLIANT
    who made that?

Sadly enough, I made it myself :pac:
    Plus I think a serious couple of grudge matches could be talked abuot (I'd say Terry is itching for a rematch).

Got that right! Just watched the match again, didn't realise how close it was! I think I was one round away and then you opened up a can :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get Jazzy in for the next tournament and I'll give you's a grudge match to remember.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get Jazzy in for the next tournament and I'll give you's a grudge match to remember.

Had you actually turned up on the day you could've had your grudge match later that evening but no, you had to bottle it!

Doom, you're our new PR agent. We'll discuss remuneration at a later date. :D

Fine. I want a hot assistant (female) and a mobile phone that's too small for me to press the buttons on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

animaX wrote: »
    For those of you who weren't there, here is what you missed :D

FADC Ultraaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Hilarious.

Ry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Fine. I want a hot assistant (female) and a mobile phone that's too small for me to press the buttons on.
    Retro in his schoolgirl outfit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

It's a pity the round where I went all crazy on Terry is nearly gone completely but I'd rather have it the way it is then not at all :)

Yeah it's like I was sniffing those blue flowers from batman begins...

joconnell wrote: »
    Yeah it's like I was sniffing those blue flowers from batman begins...

One friend said watching me fight Terry made them sea sick :(

Jim wrote: »
    Retro in his schoolgirl outfit?

Dear lord.

I'm so adding that to the Lariat clause in the charter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Have to say was one of my most enjoyable days linked to Video games ever.
    Great group and well set up.

I would agree with Doom in building hype, profiling the "Champ," and their perspective on perspective challengers to the crown for the next event.

From the initial Dublin comps, Azza, Bush & the witch were always the top tier and the ones to beat.
    Enter animax, Sagat08, Doom, (and with no false modesty myself,) who on their day will challenge big style.

And that's not to mention Jims reborn Cammy, choppers inconsistent, but will **** you up Fuerte and brand new talent in Cableg nightmare cammy.

And you know both Kirbys 'sim and Blags Dictator when they turn up will fuck up your afternoon.

And I have serious issues with Kenny Bs Vega, who on his day will walk away with any prize money.

I don't think anyone even with the best of intentions would have said, that the few lads that met in the XGC to whiff ultras for the 1st casual would have evolved into what we have now?

I think its fair to say we've a scene.

(In before terry is top tier whore)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

One thing I can suggest for whenever we have the next one and its being recorded with a direct feed, would be to maybe record it with a camcorder as well.

So maybe the final edit would show shots of the lads playing and flick back to the game kinda thing. But thats a bit of messing around.

What I really think would be cool would be getting the audio and editing it into the final vid. Commentators are hit and miss, but nothing beats that proper tourney feeling then to be able to hear the crowds reactions to the fight. I know the vids we have turned out a bit messy due to bad luck but picture being able to hear us cheering and clapping in the back ground too.
    It'd just add that something special, that tourney feeling to the final videos, as with just direct feed you don't get that sense of it being at a tourney. You don't get that atmosphere. In contrast when you watch vids that were just recording the screen with a camera, you get a sense of the atmosphere but its hard to watch the fight.

@ A-trak

Yeah we've a fantastic bunch of players. I've still yet to play a lot of you guys on the 360 side though. The platform separation is a pity all right. Anyone with a half decent PC should pick up the PC version (if they haven't already) :p

Advertisement