Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 - LanParty.ie 2 Competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Akuma should be banned for his stupid fast high kick and everyone should be forced to use the same button config.
    this is genius i hear next years evo will be doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

blag wrote: »
    I think you may have missed this

Dang sorry!

Dont bann Akuma :(.. Pretty Pwease? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

:(

Sorry for double post...

I only main Akuma like.. If he where banned twould make the odds unfair imo
    and the same button config? That would make things kinda awkward people spend a good bita time makin there buttons to there liking if they where switched, it would make it harder for the peeps there

No no, there's no stuff like that. Rules are here. The event is prepay only though and signups are here. Prepay emails won't be sent out for a while so don't worry about paying this month.

Retr0, stfu ye nab! :pac:

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    No no, there's no stuff like that. Rules are here. The event is prepay only though and signups are here. Prepay emails won't be sent out for a while so don't worry about paying this month.

Retr0, stfu ye nab! :pac:

lol cheers xD!

I wana sign up on that website there, but the page seems broken? I think.. Anywho any other ways of signin up? cause the hotel is 15 minutes from my house lol

What browser are you using? I just signed up by clicking on the link in my previous post and then clicking "signup" on the bottom right. Did you register so you could signup?

• Advertisement

Im usin forefox, and when I go to sign up, just shows a blank page, and where the loading bar does be it says "Done".. so.. Dang :(

Im usin forefox, and when I go to sign up, just shows a blank page, and where the loading bar does be it says "Done".. so.. Dang :(

Did you register on the right hand side? ie. here

Yup!

It worked on my Itouch?.. haha I'm signed up now, Cheers anywho lol
    Im the only one signed up?.. Oh dear :P

I only put the seperate signups up when you posted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I'm gonna sign up later on. Oh and it's soo close by too, yay. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Is there a limit to how many can go to this?

bush wrote: »
    Is there a limit to how many can go to this?

Not really tbh.

I can bring an 360, with a HD that has every character up to Gouken :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I can bring an 360, with a HD that has every character up to Gouken :)

If you already have Gouken, then just put it on one round, thirty seconds, easy and unlock Seth.

If you already have Gouken, then just put it on one round, thirty seconds, easy and unlock Seth.

I've been doin that :p! Cant be arsed doing the rest of the characters, But ill have all the chars unlocked for the day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Is booze allowed at the event.
    If yes, is bringing your own beer permitted?

Booze allowed. Bringing your own at our last event was a negative but turned out it was ok on the day,so I'll just be seeing what happens on the day again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Right so can we get a full updated set of details then? That covers everything? Also a forum mod could sticky all tourneys until they've been held?

Rules are here

Signups are here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Booze allowed. Bringing your own at our last event was a negative but turned out it was ok on the day,so I'll just be seeing what happens on the day again.

Cheers,
    Have signed up.

• Advertisement

Isn't that the same weekend the Gaelcon event is on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Will there be set times for the tournaments, ye?

bush wrote: »
    Will there be set times for the tournaments, ye?

PPC would like to run the tournament on Saturday. You can come and play from Friday till Sunday though.

Yeah it's the same weekend as Gaelcon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Isn't that the same weekend the Gaelcon event is on?
    Oh noes, whatever shall we do?

Lanparty:
    • No holds barred, all moves legal.
    • Run by gamers.
    • 24hrs of SFIV.
    Gaelcon:
    • Cosplayers.
    • "Rules".
    • (Insert something here)
    :D

48 hours! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

PPC would like to run the tournament on Saturday. You can come and play from Friday till Sunday though.

Yeah it's the same weekend as Gaelcon.

Is there no set times then for the SF tourney,like between certain times on the Saturday?

I only ask as I'll have to travel specifically to the event and I've no interest in playing anything else over a weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Signed.

blag wrote: »
    Is there no set times then for the SF tourney,like between certain times on the Saturday?

I only ask as I'll have to travel specifically to the event and I've no interest in playing anything else over a weekend.

Hi Blag, PPC is our SF4 admin so I've passed your question on to him. Should post up an answer soon.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Oh noes, whatever shall we do?

Lanparty:
    • No holds barred, all moves legal.
    • Run by gamers.
    • 24hrs of SFIV.
    Gaelcon:
    • Cosplayers.
    • "Rules".
    • (Insert something here)
    :D

Gaelcon has been running for years and is one of (if not the) biggest gaming events in Ireland.

Anyone associated with Gaelcon we've spoken to has said they will try to get Eir-Rage to change the rules to a standard set. No offense to Lanparty and I'm always glad to see Street Fighter Tournaments, but having fighting games at Gaelcon is a bit more important in the grand scheme of things.

• Advertisement

Gaelcon has been running for years and is one of (if not the) biggest gaming events in Ireland.

Anyone associated with Gaelcon we've spoken to has said they will try to get Eir-Rage to change the rules to a standard set. No offense to Lanparty and I'm always glad to see Street Fighter Tournaments, but having fighting games at Gaelcon is a bit more important in the grand scheme of things.

Midlans is the biggest computer gaming event in Ireland. LanParty.ie have been running the World Cyber Games Qualifiers here in Ireland for 4 years now and will continue doing this so that we can see the scene grow. Midlans, Gamecon & LanParty.ie are the main computer gaming events in Ireland, Gaelcon is something different with a small bit of computer gaming added on.

Advertisement