Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 - LanParty.ie 2 Competition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

There may be more advantages but I haven't played much of the game other then on the Xbox 360 while attending a few of your tournaments to spectate.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im just curious what kind of disadvantages are there?

Im just curious what kind of disadvantages are there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

not much. The timing will be slighlty different for your links but its not noticable. Plus, you have to make sure you can run it at a constant 60 fps.... you don't have that problem with the 360.

But then, with the PC version everybody can use their favourite controller and we dont have to worry about character unlocks.

I'm fine with either, aslong as it runs well on the chosen PC's.

Yea thats what I was thinking, Ill play if it runs at a constant 60fps and played on some of the best machines there

PS. Im sorry for double post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Here listen I'm not making it out any way for some people who wouldn't be able to play!

I'm just saying the 360 is the preferd console to most SF4 players everyone here knows that!

See I dont know the several large disadvantages to using a 360 over a PC.

Why dont ya say them? Instead of saying there is dsiadvantages.

Edit... Just realized you contradicted yourself;
    Why 360? It's exactly the same as the PC version BUT it has several large disadvantages then its not the same xD

I don't think you fully comprehended my post, I posted both of the disadvantages in the post you're responding to - I mean the game is functionally the same, the disadvantages are to the players who can't use their stick of choice because you're playing on a 360 rather than a PC, where, as I already posted, both PS3 and 360 users can use sticks from their respective consoles, and also it makes it easier on the organisers because they don't have to find an xbox 360 save file so the characters are unlocked.

edit: Obviously if there aren't PCs there that can run the game at a constant 60 FPS then don't run it on PCs, but I would bet quite a lot of money against this being the case at a mainly PC-based LAN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm def gonna make this one,gotta friend who is interested in the cod4 tourny.he plays on Xbox and is wondering can he use pad on that????.should work on cod4 pc right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

also we could have direct video recording of games if run on pc/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Would need a fairly hefty PC to run both SF4 + recording software, surely?

WHY OH WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT IN A KEYSTROKE RECORDER FOR YOUR GAME, CAPCOM? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

BanjoB wrote: »
    I'm def gonna make this one,gotta friend who is interested in the cod4 tourny.he plays on Xbox and is wondering can he use pad on that????.should work on cod4 pc right??

Yep there are pads with cross compatability. How he fares versus Keyboard&Mouse players should be interesting though.....

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Yep there are pads with cross compatability. How he fares versus Keyboard&Mouse players should be interesting though.....
    I'll come to Lanparty.ie JUST to see this! :pac:

BanjoB wrote: »

The Call of Duty 4 competition is part of the BYOC (bring your own computer) section so he'd need to bring his PC along to play in it, as well as 4 other team members. The mod used for competitive play on the PC is not something that would be seen on any console either so it would be quite different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Here listen I'm not making it out any way for some people who wouldn't be able to play!

I'm just saying the 360 is the preferd console to most SF4 players everyone here knows that!

The PC is not a console. :p But it is the best platform for the game. In a world where theres 3 platforms, 360, PS3 and PC. Yet controllers don't work cross platform between 2 (360 and PS3) yet ALL controllers generally work on one (PC) the PC is just the logical choice. THats not even getting into modding/unlocking etc. Or the fact that you can play most Street Fighter games on it. (not all though)

In regards to 3s, its the arcade version thats emulated. This means all characters bar Gill (the last boss who would be banned anyway) are already unlocked.

The only console version I know of thats emulated is the dreamcast one, I dunno what the story is there but I can't see why there'd be need to use it over the arcade version anyway.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    edit: Obviously if there aren't PCs there that can run the game at a constant 60 FPS then don't run it on PCs, but I would bet quite a lot of money against this being the case at a mainly PC-based LAN.

You'd also need one hell of a ****ty pc to not be able to run 3s at 60fps.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Would need a fairly hefty PC to run both SF4 + recording software, surely?

WHY OH WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT IN A KEYSTROKE RECORDER FOR YOUR GAME, CAPCOM? :(

Even with 3s this is the case, using fraps and playing 3s causes all sorts of issues for some reason. However with the PC/laptop you can simply connect a mini DV cam through S-video and have the PC screen display on the camera too and just record that way if need be. Works grand just a little messy getting it going along with sound. I've recorded a few vids this way.

I just tested my PC there. Everything on high with Anti-Aliasing turned off, 1680*1050 on a 20" screen gets 60fps no problem. I'll test the other machine later on in the week.

I've sent out an email to those that have signed up.

PPC is going to be capturing the play from a 360 to a PC/mac (not sure which yet) but people are more then welcome to bring their cameras along to the event as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This prepay only thing is annoying.

I have that weekend free and live in Kilnamanagh, it's two stops on the LUAS away. I am definitely going to be there.

I don't however have a credit card so can't transfer any funds via paypal.

I'm sorry but our events are prepay only. We don't accept payment on the door. It worked well for us at out last event as is going really well for this one so far. You could always ask one of the guys from the SF4 meets to spring for you and give them cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Is the signup page broken, I can't get into it??

ps Chopper if you want I can stick you on my Visa!!

Cheers for the payment Sagat (and for springing for Foamy and Chopper).

Err... how does one pay again?

• Advertisement

Send you an email no KIKI.

As I promised Sagat, I promise I wont do Akuma's Standing Hard Kick at the lan ;)

And thanks ya lots Sagat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    PPC is going to be capturing the play from a 360 to a PC/mac (not sure which yet) but people are more then welcome to bring their cameras along to the event as well.

The capping equipment should be arriving in a few days. I'll do a few test runs and post the results.

For those of you that don't have access to credit card/paypal accounts, you can use one of the 3V vouchers. They're available from hundreds of outlets around Ireland, you can see where exactly here.

For those of you who are planning on attending but not signed up you'll need to do so asap as well as get your prepayment to us. The LAN is under 4 weeks away so we'll need to know who is turning up so we can have everything organised. We're not sure when we'll be cutting off signups but it will be sooner rather then later, you can expect it be done in the next 2 weeks.

The event is prepay only.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Okay guys lets get signed up for this.

Currently we have 10 people signed up
    1 FoamyMushroom
    2 A-Trak
    3 Jimeatsmenu
    4 Azza
    5 ChopperByrne
    6 EIREBLANKA
    7 kikimaru024
    8 Gloam
    9 Last Nexus
    10 Leimr0d

I notice we have 2 new non boards.ie members names to that list which is good but also means we have only 8 sign ups from here so far.

Surely there is greater interest than a mere 8 people.
    Bare in mind there will not be any XGC tournaments until this event is over and at that it will be several weeks after it. So you can consider this the replacement event for Octobers XGC event. Also remember the more people that sign up the greater the prize money.

I personally hope to get some more of my fellow Athlonions to attend to boost up the numbers and speaking with some of the northern fighting game community I expect a couple of them to attend as well.

You have roughly 2 weeks to sign up before pay pal closes. So get signed up and spreed the word.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'd love to go, but I have Teaching Practice til late November. Besides, I'd probably be knocked out fairly early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

All signed up and paid for - looking forward to it/

A whole day of casuals, load of beers and a cash money contest mixed in too. Nothing goes together like SFIV and beer in my mind!
    Thats €20 well spent.

Oh and I'll be driving from the south side, happy to pick anyone up from the surrounding area on Sat morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A-Trak wrote: »
    All signed up and paid for - looking forward to it/

A whole day of casuals, load of beers and a cash money contest mixed in too. Nothing goes together like SFIV and beer in my mind!
    Thats €20 well spent.

Oh and I'll be driving from the south side, happy to pick anyone up from the surrounding area on Sat morning.

Street Fighter and beer might mix, but driving and beer doesn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I've modded my stick so that it plugs straight into my car instead of a steering wheel so I should be ok.
    Shoryuken motions are left turns. It works well I find until I mash out an ultra in error, that did not end well the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

When's the closing date for sign up?

Advertisement