Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 - LanParty.ie 2 Competition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Really wanna do to this, just gotta sort out the online payment. Tis funny, I always wanted to go to a PC gaming lan party. I made sure when I bought my laptop that it could play games for this very reason. & yet here I am going and the only game I'm interested in is street fighter.:p

Wait sure I'll bring my laptop anyways! I have SFIV working on it and 3s!:D

As for the tourney on the 360, would a ps1/ps2 pad with converter work yeah? :confused:

Really wanna buy a stick soon but theres no way I'll be good enough on one by then to replace my ps3 pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

When's the closing date for sign up?

No date set as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Really wanna do to this, just gotta sort out the online payment. Tis funny, I always wanted to go to a PC gaming lan party. I made sure when I bought my laptop that it could play games for this very reason. & yet here I am going and the only game I'm interested in is street fighter.:p

Wait sure I'll bring my laptop anyways! I have SFIV working on it and 3s!:D

As for the tourney on the 360, would a ps1/ps2 pad with converter work yeah? :confused:

Really wanna buy a stick soon but theres no way I'll be good enough on one by then to replace my ps3 pad.

Isn't the tournament using the PC version? Your PS3 pad should work as long as the driver's installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Isn't the tournament using the PC version?

It says on the Lanparty site, its the 360. But I think it was said a while ago, what ever people feel more comfortable with, they will play on that machine >.< ?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Speaking with the organizers it will be held on the Xbox 360 and PC to ensure everyones sticks/pads will work, while the PC would of being the preferred choice they organizers had access to more Xbox 360's than PC's and running it exclusively on the PC would mean less machines to go around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

please add street fighter 3 to the competition

Placebo wrote: »
    please add street fighter 3 to the competition

Hey Placebo, SF4 will be the competition of choice. As I've said before. The consoles will be available all weeknd if ye want to play other games but ye'll have to bring them along.

Edit: I think PPC has a copy of SF anniversary edition for the xbox that he'll be bringing along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

people are just scared i will win.
    nah joking, sounds good, best use emulator on pc though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Signed up at last.
    Kinetic is it alright if I give you the cash on Sat? If not it's grand but I'm trying to keep my card clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »

Don't worry about it. Turn up on the day.

Also, Gamesnash.ie have kindly given us some vouchers for the Street Fighter competitions. They'll be providing a €60 voucher for the winner of the SF4 competition and a €40 voucher for the winner of the SF3 competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. Turn up on the day.

So its not pre pay anymore?

bush wrote: »
    So its not pre pay anymore?

Not for street fighter competition. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Ah excellent I'll just do that myself then. What day is the actual SF competition taking place because I have something on for the 23rd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kinetic^, you got my pre-pay moneys, yeah?

Yeah, you handed it to me! :p

Creature wrote: »
    Ah excellent I'll just do that myself then. What day is the actual SF competition taking place because I have something on for the 23rd?

Lanparty tourney is on the 24th.
    Don't forgot Gaelcon has a tourney on the 25th.
    It will quite the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

It's looking increasingly likely that I'll be able to make this.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ohedou

what do you bring to this i have a ps3 pad but my ps3 is packaged away. Do i bring a tv thanks and is it 20 euro for three days

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but I do believe that if your just doing the street fighter comp then you don't need to bring anything.

All you need to bring is your fight stick/controller and skills. We'll be running it over 360 & PS3. Oh and your entry fee if you haven't paid already. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Actually, if I bring a monitor & PS3, would I be able to set them up for casual play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Actually, if I bring a monitor & PS3, would I be able to set them up for casual play?

Thats no problem at all :) Bring it along

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Awesome, I'm going to be away next week, I will need serious practice (and will probably be murdered) at Lanparty.

Fancy some Guile games Kiki? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Hey guys.is it too late to signup???

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

BanjoB wrote: »
    Hey guys.is it too late to signup???

You can sign up on the day man,that's whay I'm gonna do.

BTW,Haven't played you in a while,have to get in some games soon to see how your Chun/Ryu are doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

blag wrote: »
    You can sign up on the day man,that's whay I'm gonna do.

BTW,Haven't played you in a while,have to get in some games soon to see how your Chun/Ryu are doing!

Yeah defintately man.gettin past that bison of urs is an uphill battle though!!. I'll b on durin next week if ur on??.....I'm actually postin this from new York at the mo.goin down to Chinatown Fair in the mornin.....get my ass handed to me!!!.

• Advertisement

Are any of the dragonslayers coming down for this or gaelcon?
    Could be a great time to finally organise that North vs South 5vs5.

Advertisement