Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 - LanParty.ie 2 Competition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

As long as I can play with my PC Saturn pad, whoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm gonna bring my display and PC early Saturday morning and set it up for 3s and SF4, so can use PC pads with that and play any games between ps3 and xbox pads if need be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sorry for the ramblings of this post but I'm fairly sleep deprived at the mo.

Last couple I've started to get pretty excited about Lanparty. Not just the tourney but the whole thing. I'm thinking a big party atmosphere, different unofficial events (FT10s,team battles, Rose Bowl [I really want to do this] other games). Now I was wondering is anyone planning on heading in on the friday?

And kinda continuing on from that point; Is anyone planning or already booked a room? I've been thinking about it cause getting a luas home would be a pain and a taxi costs moola. I'm probly way late on this one as I'm sure everyone that has to travel, has already considered and either gone for it rejected it.

I know we can sleep on the Lan floor and I don't mind doing that but I would to habe a place to shower. And a place to chill out if it all gets bit too much.
    I've checked the prices and a room with two singles is available for 128 euro for the friday and saturday night. I was thinking that we could spilt it between a few of us and get the price pretty low per head.

I type an awful lot and it's probly all crap. Let me know what you think and I'll see what I think after I've slept.

I think that would beat my last LAN experience. Sleeping on the floor after 24hrs of gaming -- yeah, dunno what I was thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Won't be able to make it until Sat morning myself.

I'll be drinking 'till I can just about stagger to the Luas so I can head home for a splendid nights sleep, arising refreshed and ready to deal out fresh beatings the day after:)

Bravo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

il only be there for a few hours on sat
    too much street fighter hurts head

Placebo wrote: »
    too much street fighter hurts head

What is this madness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

He's bottling it already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

no chance, ima win me an sf3 trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm gonna be in Naas saturday now so I'll def be there!. How many entering the sf 4 tournie lads???.
    By the way, sagat 06's blanka is on top form.hope I'm not in his group!!

• Advertisement

There's 15 signed up at the mo but a few have said that they'll show up on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

HMUYA wrote: »
    There's 15 signed up at the mo but a few have said that they'll show up on the day.

I'll be one of those lazy people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Top tier laziness.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll be there.

After my success playing HDR for the first time EVAR, I was wondering if I can emulate my beginners luck in 3S. Might go in for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I've been keeping my eye on this as I've never done one of these before and it seems like it could be a good experience. However, there are some things I'd like confirmation on before I head down to Dublin on Saturday.

I'm aware that you can pay at the door but what about sign-ups? The sign-up page given isn't working for me so I hope it's not too late to sign-up. If things work out then what time should those participating be there for? If it starts at about 2pm, I'd imagine we'd need to be there a bit earlier in order to get organised.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I would not worry about sign ups. Last time I spoke to the organizer of the event he was saying they have more room than expected so fitting people on the day should not be a problem. I would recommend showing up at least 2 hours before the tournament starts. I hope to be there a few hours early myself.

Azza wrote: »
    I would not worry about sign ups. Last time I spoke to the organizer of the event he was saying they have more room than expected so fitting people on the day should not be a problem. I would recommend showing up at least 2 hours before the tournament starts. I hope to be there a few hours early myself.

Oh, nice! Thanks, everything should work out then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cobelcog wrote: »
    I've been keeping my eye on this as I've never done one of these before and it seems like it could be a good experience. However, there are some things I'd like confirmation on before I head down to Dublin on Saturday.

I'm aware that you can pay at the door but what about sign-ups? The sign-up page given isn't working for me so I hope it's not too late to sign-up. If things work out then what time should those participating be there for? If it starts at about 2pm, I'd imagine we'd need to be there a bit earlier in order to get organised.

Do you play cammy?

bush wrote: »
    Do you play cammy?

Yes.

Yes.

I play you on live, gamertag bush80. Hey azza you said that cammy has no mixup game, i hope you run into cobelcog in the tourney, lol

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    I play you on live, gamertag bush80. Hey azza you said that cammy has no mixup game, i hope you run into cobelcog in the tourney, lol

Ah yes, Cool. You going to go to this?

Ah yes, Cool. You going to go to this?

Ye

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm thinking I might actually be able to get up for this... Are you sure I don't need to sign up? So, SF4 is on Saturday right?

Ye sat at 2

You don't need to sign up. We've loads of space. All are welcome. Just back from dropping off our gear and setting up a few tables. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow/saturday.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My friend "The soon to be Dictator" 's warning on the venue
    -You know it's in a complete [poo]hole right? The hotel is in the centre of Bally Fermot, which is just one giant block of council estates

He's a lovely guy really! Is there stuff on in the venue all night? Can we bring our own games (read: RB :P)? Sorry if you've answered this a billion times, but I haven't really clicked on this thread at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's right beside the Kylemore Luas stop, not right in the centre of Ballyfermot.

Ballyfermot is grand anyway. Damn yuppies, afraid of the working class!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    My friend "The soon to be Dictator" 's warning on the venue

He's a lovely guy really! Is there stuff on in the venue all night? Can we bring our own games (read: RB :P)? Sorry if you've answered this a billion times, but I haven't really clicked on this thread at all.

We'll have a few consoles for the SF stuff. If you can convince someone not to play SF then you can play GH as well :P We'll be there through the night as well. :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Cammy doesn't have a great mix up game, she does have a great rush down game. The problem is that she doesn't have an overhead which hurts her mix up options a bit and she requires very precise timing, she's had to play properly. I have seen Sandyford Kelly play her well, its pretty scary stuff when she gets going.

• Advertisement

Right, I think I'll bring my setup on Friday night so.
    Now to find a place to crash during the morning (assuming I want to sleep...)

Advertisement