Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What network has best rate for internet for a mobile?

• 20-07-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭

GOT MY ANSWER:
    Hi,
    Planning on buying iPhone unlocked.
    I'm wondering what network has best tarrif for internet on mobile?
    Vodafone: €10 a month for up to 500MB.
    O2: €7.53 for 250MB
    THREE: €10 FOR 1GB
    Meteor: €10 for 250mb

So it looks like a no-brainer

Cheers,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Vodafone have a 1gig promo for €10, you need to switch once setup on the 500mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dinneenp wrote: »
    So it looks like a no-brainer

Im guessing You picked 3 based on your post, but you probably wont use 1gb of data, you may not even use 250mba month. It does take a lot of usage to use that much. The reason i say this is, you could get an overall better deal with another network/plan. Take your whole usage and call, texts needs into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's also a nice breakdown of your options in the FAQ :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59526469&postcount=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Davy wrote: »
    Im guessing You picked 3 based on your post, but you probably wont use 1gb of data, you may not even use 250mba month. It does take a lot of usage to use that much. The reason i say this is, you could get an overall better deal with another network/plan. Take your whole usage and call, texts needs into account.

true

i remember seeding about 700mb into a torrent a few times at the end of the month to finish off the 1gb bundle.

it's mobile broadband, actually using it for browsing will drive you insane long before the gb is up and it's completely worthless for gaming. file transfers not great either

Advertisement