Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension letters

Options
  • 20-07-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon to all,

Have any of you received your letters of extension from your respective superintendents yet??

Word on the bush telegraph has it that we should be in possession of them very soon.

Hezz

"Beware second hand tidings, Truth distorts with travel and maturity"

Have you got your extension letter in time (no later than 31st July 2009) 13 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Nope not yet. Was in wit fo, she never mentioned when we would get them. They had all the reapplication paperwork so i presume it soon. Being extended til november she said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

haven heard a thing
    was thinking of going in to ask wot the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Not a word.
    If it wasn't for boards I would be very uninformed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hibrion wrote: »
    Not a word.
    If it wasn't for boards I would be very uninformed!

Yes, same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Nothing down this way either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I'd say it's unlikely to we'll see any before the 1st August.

First person to get one, please post here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

[QUOTE=rrpc;First person to get one, please post here ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll second that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

no news here either.
    I AGREE THAT THE 1ST PERSON TO GET ONE SHOULD POST IT HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Nothing yet and can't apply for a new licence either:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Scoogles

I wouldn't be rushing into the Garda station to ask. Speaking to the fo in the pub the other night and he laughed, said they are usually the last to know what the govt. are intending and they'll pick things up along the way. Appears they get no instruction either until the last minute. He's usually fairly reliable/helpful. Might have to tell him to log on to boards for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I was in with the fo and seen the new reapplication forms. Never asked her about renewal letters. Id say ther waitin til every station gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Not sure if this the right thread or not.
    I was in Galway over the weekend while up there i decided to price around a rifle i am interested in.
    While in one shop i was telling the guy that was working there that my local FO ain't giving out or taking inapplication forms. He found this funny almost wouldn't believe me telling me that there no problem still getting a licence in Galway.

Was just wondering what it's like around the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

moose112 wrote: »
    Not sure if this the right thread or not.
    I was in Galway over the weekend while up there i decided to price around a rifle i am interested in.
    While in one shop i was telling the guy that was working there that my local FO ain't giving out or taking inapplication forms. He found this funny almost wouldn't believe me telling me that there no problem still getting a licence in Galway.

Was just wondering what it's like around the rest of the country.

All applications are on the new forms from now on apparently. They allegedly go live on the DOJ website at the weekend.

Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

No extensions to European Firearms Passes yet either. A bit scary for anyone going to Germany on 14th August :eek::

http://www.wa1500.org/

dresden8 wrote: »
    All applications are on the new forms from now on apparently. They allegedly go live on the DOJ website at the weekend.

Allegedly.
    I would have thought the Garda website as it's a Garda function.

derek_g34 wrote: »
    No extensions to European Firearms Passes yet either. A bit scary for anyone going to Germany on 14th August :eek::

http://www.wa1500.org/
    Once you get your extension letter, you'll be able to extend your EFP as well. By rights it should only be extended as far as your licence and when you get your new three year beastie you can then extend your EFP for three years as well.

Happy Daze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

rrpc wrote: »
    I would have thought the Garda website as it's a Garda function.

As told by a Garda. I wanted to apply for a shotgun, told it's out of their hands, for now. Maybe they aren't fully informed themselves, nothing new there.

We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

I have been informed from a reliable that will will have the extension letters by next week 3 months min extension

I'll just repeat my earlier post :D

And add that the first person should also scan it and post it here as well (leaving out personal info of course).
    rrpc wrote: »
    I'd say it's unlikely we'll see any before the 1st August.

First person to get one, please post here ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

No new applications are being prossed here ither. ( Co. Donegal, near the National park )
    Lad i know, tryd for .223 and was told they wont be licenced anymore after August??? :confused:

Keelan.

Keelan wrote: »
    No new applications are being prossed here ither. ( Co. Donegal, near the National park )
    New forms will have to be available on or before the 1st August. Failing that, anyone who tries to renew on the first available day after getting their letter could be in trouble at the other end of their extension.
    Lad i know, tryd for .223 and was told they wont be licenced anymore after August??? :confused:
    Filed under rumours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Well, I still await mine, however, in the meantime I have just posted off my application for my NPWS licence for the deer season. Was told they are processing them now & it should be back by mid August..... Happy days....

So I went to wet my appetite today at a nearby wildlife park...... :D

3769186094_fe5c673b42.jpg

3769172434_4a27530704.jpg

3769182866_35a6077b9e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Got three of them this AM.
    For your elucidation and enjoyment.
    Attached

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thanks Grizz

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Let the games begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

No sign of forms on Garda website.

Went into local station yesterday to apply for a new shotgun license - they simply used the old form.

B'Man

Grizzly45 gets the prize :D

Thanks Grizzly.

Now for the forms, Garda website doesn't even seem to have one place for forms, they're spread out all over the place attached to articles etc.

In fact there's not even a link for firearms :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Cant find anything on DoJ website either!!

• Advertisement

pajero2005 wrote: »
    Cant find anything on DoJ website either!!
    Shouldn't be on the DoJ website as it's a Garda function.

Anyway Grizzly's letter says they will be (are) on the Garda website.

Advertisement