Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension letters

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

Sparks wrote: »
    But then you'd have to apply to them instead of the local super G17, which is the same problem.

The problem remains, granted, just a FYI re: the Chief Supers.

To be honest if someone can't take the time to fill out a form correctly, maybe they shouldn't have a firearm at all. If they're unsure or the form is in some way ambiguous, wait for the guidelines, seek clarification, what is the panic for?!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

While most here have a good grasp of the new set up a LOT of ppl generally DONT,to say they dont deserve to have a gun is just silly
    Spoke to two ppl i know earlier and both thought they had a new licence already and shocked when i (tried)explained,i would urge ppl to contact friends,family and neighbours to check that they know what to do
    Nobody should be beaten by this,i also think that the lack of info from relevant departments about this new system is nothing short of a DISGRACE,apart from Boards.ie(and thanks to all) i for one would be completely oblivious.

kakashka wrote: »
    While most here have a good grasp of the new set up a LOT of ppl generally DONT,to say they dont deserve to have a gun is just silly

I reckon a firearm is a huge responsibility and someone who hasn't the wherewithal to seek out this info should perhaps take up another interest, The onus is on the shooter. I recently had an SVI shooter ask "what centre fire means", that's my point, some who have, got them too readily/easily. But we'll agree to differ on this one. :)

kakashka wrote: »
    i also think that the lack of info from relevant departments about this new system is nothing short of a DISGRACE,apart from Boards.ie(and thanks to all) i for one would be completely oblivious.

+1

They really should have waited to publish all the forms/info at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    When the SI gets changed, it will highlight another issue (namely that the handgun ban part of the act is dependant specifically on SI 21 of 2008; and if you bring in a new SI to supersede that, you get the interesting situation where a new SI (call it SI X of 2009) describing the restricted list, but the CJ(MP)A2009 refering to a now-superseded SI.
    There's a little known (at least to me until recently) piece of legislation called the Interpretation Act of 2005. (It replaced Interpretation Acts going back to the 19th century).

And it says:
    (2) Where an enactment (“former enactment”) is repealed and re-enacted, with or without modification, by another enactment (“new enactment”), the following provisions apply:
    (f) reference in any other enactment to the former enactment shall, with respect to a subsequent transaction, matter or thing, be read as a reference to the provisions of the new enactment relating to the same subject-matter as that of the former enactment

“enactment” means an Act or a statutory instrument or any portion of an Act or statutory instrument;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I received my yesterday issued on the 28/07/09 received on the 05/08/09, we won’t comment on the delay.
    Extension until 31/05/10 almost 10 months free... I’ll be out and about this evening.
    Happy shoot’n
    Newbeeeeee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Got them yesterday. Extended till June 2010

Anybody seen the new Firearms Application Form?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Got mine today. Extended until 30/4/10. happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yes Ivan, see the announcement at the top of all the shooting forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Bananaman wrote: »
    No sign of forms on Garda website.

Went into local station yesterday to apply for a new shotgun license - they simply used the old form.

B'Man
    Got all five of mine last week. www,gardai.ie has applications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

got mine yesterday, about time :confused:

Advertisement