Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension letters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

got mine this morning "extended to 30/11/2009":)

OK, so this is a huge practical joke being played on Grizzly45 and ghostmantra :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

i did think that:(.............but did not want to say anthing:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

To answer RRPC.
    I dont know,as these are only THREE of my guns so I cant say what the others will be.
    I dont see the joke lads???Anyone care to enlighten.:confused::)
    Also,calm down people,just because you havent recived this paper doesnt mean an ERU dawn raid on Aug 2nd!They are on the way obviously,and YOU personally cant be held responsibly if the powers that be screw up the paperwork and system.You have a liscense,the Gardai obviously know this system is being changed and that it will take time to get the paperwork out.So lets not panic.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    I dont see the joke lads???Anyone care to enlighten.:confused::)
    Alright, wasn't that funny, but seeing as you and ghostmantra were teh only ones to get letters it kinda seemed like you were being singled out?

I'll get me coat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I think there joking when they said "phased in basis". Got mine and my friend got his, all letters say the guns to be licensed by Nov 30th 2009, I've got 4 he has 3:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Cavan shooter,

AFAIK its people with restricted firearms in the first batch of extension letters. And I think if you have 2/3/4...... guns with one on the restricted list, you will get all extended.

This is just my understanding and I'm open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have 2 o/u
    1 semi
    1 22 hornet

my neighbour has 1 o/u 1 semi and 1 lever action 22lr

I think they need the money:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

You could have something there:eek:

I have 2 o/u
    1 semi
    1 22 hornet

my neighbour has 1 o/u 1 semi and 1 lever action 22lr

Do I smell cockup? :pac:

Des Crofton said it'd be 1st November for restricted stuff, but Grizzly's first three were all 30th November (unless his restricted gun is a different date).

And everyone so far is 30th November.

It's boards posters that are getting done first /conspiracy theory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

got mine this morning extended to the 28/02/2010

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

Got mine today, extended to 31/12/09.
    Details of both guns incorrect (guns I sold late last year), but why am I not surprised?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Nothing here yet :)

They doing it by surname I wonder?

Lads and ladies, the idea here is to see as of today (the last day that licences are valid for) how many of us have got our extension letters.

It's not really a panic that you haven't got them unless you have restricted stuff because every day that the letter is delayed is a day taken out of the three months that are available for a decision to be made.

So it's a simple one and I've set it open for a week.

The question is: have you got your extension letter in time? Simple yes or no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

They doing it by surname I wonder?

Maybe, damn, I'll break the bad news to the Zimmermans.:D

Don't think it's by surname because a friend got his and his begins with T.

I haven't go my one, so its Tuesday at the earliest :(

And no it's not restricted, so I should be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

None of mine arrived today, but I've nothing restricted either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

my fathers arrived yesterday for his shotgun, I haven't got mine yet for my .22 (we even have same surname:)) and the postman has been here already today. The girlfriends father hasn't got his yet either- shotgun and .22.

Trouble is lads..The first one I posted is NOT for the restricted gun at all.No sign of that either toady in the mail.

They are for bog std .22 bolt action and single barrel.Also I can see another potential problem on the way.They havent put the make down of the gun.So what happens if I have the same serial number of a gun that another bloke has,but both are two different makes??This HAS happened to me once before with the .22 The Gardai were convinced I had sold the .22 to another lad in another part of Ireland.Trouble was mine was an Anschutz and his a CZ/Brno. Now I know there are the first three and last lette rs of the alaphbet involved here.But honestly...;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Did we honestly expect this to work promptly and on time???
    Be the 1st time in the history of this state if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Did we honestly expect this to work promptly and on time???
    Be the 1st time in the history of this state if it did.

If they were issuing summons there wouldn't be a holdup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Since today is the 31st and the postman's already been, that would be a no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nothing here yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

My father got his no sign of mine even if it a dual licence on the gun:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

As i posted on another thread father got his but no sign of mine and it a dual licence.
    It's got me thinking now if you can still dual licence a shotgun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

moose112 wrote: »
    As i posted on another thread father got his but no sign of mine and it a dual licence.
    It's got me thinking now if you can still dual licence a shotgun

Section 4.1 joint use tick box, you'll be grand (I hope), applies to several of mine too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've got 3 restricted firearms and 5 unrestricted. No extensions. Neighbour across the road has 1 unrestircted and got his extension 1 week ago. Thought restricted firearm holders were to be dealt with firstly. Anyone in the same boat?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

ezridax wrote: »
    I've got 3 restricted firearms and 5 unrestricted. No extensions. Neighbour across the road has 1 unrestircted and got his extension 1 week ago. Thought restricted firearm holders were to be dealt with firstly. Anyone in the same boat?
    He couldn't have got it a week ago, they were dated 28th July which was Tuesday.

OK

24 No and 0 Yes is not good numbers. I know ghostmantra got his and a few more, but the problem with this poll is if you haven't got all your extensions you have to vote no.

Perhaps skews the result a bit, but in this case 75% is a fail, especially if your Grizzly and the missing one is restricted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Nothing here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

These people seem to have the answer to the delay

Lawrence Livermore Laboratories has discovered the heaviest element yet known to science.
    The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.
    A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete. Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a notion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, Governmentium’s mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes. This characteristic of morons promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons’ reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.
    When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

Advertisement