Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension letters

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

rrpc wrote: »
    He couldn't have got it a week ago, they were dated 28th July which was Tuesday.

Right so, he got it Tuesday not quite a week ago so forgive me for not being more precise. Will go flog myself later for it.

Point is he got it before me and others with restricted firearmas. So i guess this whole talk of restricted fierarms holders being given theirs first was crap. No great surprise there then.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

ezridax wrote: »
    So i guess this whole talk of restricted fierarms holders being given theirs first was crap. No great surprise there then.

Restricted firearms holders will have to reapply first. You seem to have taken it up wrong. No great surprise there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Given all the letters are backdated, you'll be fine, providing you eventually get your licence.

No letters here either,am i right in presuming that the longer it takes to get to me the less time i have to re apply??

Restricted guns supposed to be first but doesnt seem to be the case and
    Letters Dont seem to be in alphabetical order either:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    *ahem*
    Haven't seen the FCP make that comment yet...
    No, but you've made it for them, on a number of occasions on the NARGC thread after you published Des Crofton's letter which stated he'd seen the forms.

You were quite aggrieved that no-one else had seen them.
    Sparks wrote:
    You don't see something odd in a confidential Garda document turning up in a public report given by an NGO?
    Sparks wrote:
    I'd like to know what Des thinks he's doing, pulling stunts like that. I'd like to see stuff played straight for once, instead of this constant need for this secret squirrel nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

dresden8 wrote: »
    Got mine, extended to 31 December - great, just what you need at Christmas, more expense.

Ouch.......I would'nt like that either, cos i also have to pay the car tax and insurance in December aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

My fathers arrived but no sign of mine yet, all registered to the same address.

Just in case people are taking this all a bit too literally, it's been already pointed out on this thread and bears repeating (thanks BtK) that this is only possibly an issue for restricted firearms holders.

I say possibly because they've got three months (less however many days it takes to get their letters) to get a decision on their applications. The issue will only arise on the 1st November when their extension has run out and if they still haven't got a new licence.

Everyone else appears to (so far) have at least another month to get their new licences, so there's no need for panic.

It's just a pity that everything has ended up so rushed at the end and that there's been no time to prepare people for what's to be done and how to do it. :(

dresden8 wrote: »
    Got mine, extended to 31 December - great, just what you need at Christmas, more expense.

You can apply now if you want and if it takes three months you'll have it by mid November ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

I received extenion notification for my gun licences in the post yesterday,until the 31/12/2009,it also states that "up to 3 months prior to the expiry date of this extension, if you wish a new application to be considered for your firearm,you must apply for a firearm certificate in accordance with the provisions of section 3 of the Firearms Act 1925 as substituted.An application form will be obtainable from your local Garda Station or available on www.garda.ie. "

I was curious to know if anyone else had a differant extension date,as I heard that they'd be getting away from all licences expiring at the same time,probably to cut down on workload.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Merging all the extension letter threads into one uber-thread to keep stuff tidy and easy to find for others.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    I was curious to know if anyone else had a differant extension date,as I heard that they'd be getting away from all licences expiring at the same time,probably to cut down on workload.
    Have a look through this thread, you'll find a few different ones alright.

So far I've seen 30/11, 31/12 and 28/02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    I just used some tounge in cheek humour to suggest that we should do so how much chaos would ensue.

That's where I was coming from as well. "Tounge in Cheek".....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

My Dads arrived for O/U shotgun, has untill 29/11/09, or the end of this month to reapply.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

all came last week 31/12/09:D,father still waiting on his:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

All of mine have just popped through the letterbox, all 6 dated 31/10/09. That includes restricted BTW :rolleyes:.

6x €80= €480/36= €13.33p/month so that's €120 more I'll be paying in licence fees over someone with extensions to 31/07/10. Added to the fact I'll only be able to get a 3 month UK visitors permit now & have to get another in 3 months time I suppose :rolleyes:.

Then again that's assuming I've anything left to licence then - any associations for long range catapult shooting in the country? :D

Kramer wrote: »
    All of mine have just popped through the letterbox, all 6 dated 31/10/09. That includes restricted BTW :rolleyes:.

6x €80= €480/36= €13.33p/month so that's €120 more I'll be paying in licence fees over someone with extensions to 31/07/10. Added to the fact I'll only be able to get a 3 month UK visitors permit now & have to get another in 3 months time I suppose :rolleyes:.

Then again that's assuming I've anything left to licence then - any associations for long range catapult shooting in the country? :D

Don't forget that you need to get your applications in as soon as possible in order that the full three months (or aas much of it as possible) is available for a decision.

And thanks for the post, at least now it seems that restricted stuff is just getting the three months.

Grizzly45 seems to have two licensing dates if the above follows through :(

Can someone tell me what the envelope for the letter looks like (PM if you want)?

As someone will be checking the post for me for the next couple of days and I don't want them opening all of my mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

No word, talking to them they don’t seem to know “waiting for the post”???
    How does this cover us if out and about? ?

Newbeeeeeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Can someone tell me what the envelope for the letter looks like?

Plain white windowed envelope with a return to if undelivered address of Blackrock, Co. Dublin.

No word, talking to them they don’t seem to know “waiting for the post”???
    How does this cover us if out and about? ?

Newbeeeeeee.
    Pretty much every question is answered on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

just got mine also for 3, 1 restriced, all extened to 31/10/09
    1 was wrong and for an air rifle that i scrapped in january and replaced with a .22.

Kramer wrote: »
    Plain white windowed envelope with a return to if undelivered address of Blackrock, Co. Dublin.

Did they all arrive in one envelope?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Did they all arrive in one envelope?
    no 3 seperate ones,white window type that look like the ones you get your bank statement in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zaitsev

Got mine also, 3 plus 1 restricted and all extended to 31/10/09, seperate envelopes. Nothing for my son yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nothing here yet and postman has been already.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Rest of them arrived this AM .All inc Restricted are 31/10.....
    anyone got any longer than that??
    So 640 Euros for this..Join a new club another 400,Quintuple the paperwork for me and the Gardai.16passport photos,and more BS no doubt yet to come...It's true what somone once said about life in Ireland...
    The powers that be really know how to take the fun out of anything anymore in recent years.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Nothing here yet either.

Do you get a credit card style license for all your rifles or is it a card per rifle (which would be a bit.....you know?) ;)

Got mine today. Two dated 31/10/09 and one for 31/01/10. I have two pulse ID's due to moving house and the Pardini has obviously been viewed as being restricted :rolleyes:

It looks like if you have a pistol licence, you're restricted unless you can prove otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

All of mine arrived today dated 31/10/2009 no restricted ones two shotguns and two rifles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eireshot

Got mine this morning, for my 3 rifles, (rimfires),
    Extended to 31/03/2010.

Advertisement