Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSI issue

Options
  • 20-07-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Went to the dentist for treatment in Feb, was told by dental nurse/receptionist i was not entitled to it, assumed i wasnt, rang up treatment benefits recently as wanted to get clean and told i was entitled to it and would have been in feb, but dentist wont refund me now, as he says 6 months is up, its not up until friday. Treatment benefits are saying its up to the dentist but they will process the claim. I feel its unfair as it was a clerical mistake made by the receptionist. Any one know if ive any come back at all? or should i just leave it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dubVdub

If you have proof of the visit, i.e. some receipt with the date on it then the dentist can hardly argue the over 6 months point. You prob dont even need thias as they will have the appointment recoord.
    Go back to him and stand your ground, if your entitled to it you should get it back.
    I don't know exactly how it works but it looks like the dentist is fobbing you off coz they do not want to chase the refund from the department.

Advertisement