Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC v Red Bull Salzburg Champions' League qualifier match thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

out in the elements - connaught

Hate to be you :pac:

Worst "stand" in football.

In anyways, hopefully Bohs can do the biz tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Paddy Power have us 9/4 to qualify. Mad.

Odds-checker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

Des wrote: »
    Hate to be you :pac:

Worst "stand" in football.

In anyways, hopefully Bohs can do the biz tonight.

great position for laying into the their subs warming up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

out in the elements - connaught

cattle_pen_470x350.jpg

Nice. A postcard from Wicklow?

Never mind all that... here's where it's at... Kaiserslauthern v 'Dublin' :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

SectionF wrote: »
    Good to see a few more sites using NewsNow since the start of the season.

9/4 is a great price for Bohs to qualify. They've conceded 2 goals this season at home and I just think they're a completely different team at home. I've backed against Bohs away from home a lot this season, lost most of the time but I've always felt unlucky to lose. For me they rarely show anywhere near their potential away from home. So I fancy them to show a lot more tonight and maybe surprise Salzburg a bit. The difference between the match against Rovers in Dalymount and the one in Tallaght was night and day.

Have you been going to Bohs matches eb?

I always thought you were a closet Stain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

No just watching from the barstool. :) Kept getting invited to Rovers matches this summer but I might have considered it if they played on a Friday or even Saturday afternoon. I'm well in my alcoholic mode by Saturday evening.

I'm going to put my head on the block and say that I think we can win this. As EB says, we will be stronger and more aggressive at Dalymount, and they won't like the atmosphere.

I think RBS are good technically but they have showed that they are weak mentally and will not appreciate a little hostility. They're also missing a few players, according to latest reports.

A cliché, of course, but I think the role of the crowd will be massive in this. I don't think Pat Fenlon is just going through the motions when he calls on all fans to give it socks. So come on...
    • Come to Dalyer and get behind an Irish team that has a chance of a breakthrough in Europe
    • If you're going, bring the throat lozenges and get ready to yell your head off for 90 minutes, or 120 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I'm well in my alcoholic mode by Saturday evening.

So is half of Tallaght Stadium. :D

I work beside Dalyer and would go tonight if I didn't have to also endure the Connaught on Sunday as well. Will be listening in though.

Bull site preview

Love this bit...
    On the way to their hotel the Austrian champions were lucky enough to drive past the legendary Croke Park stadium (with 82,500 seats the biggest in Ireland).

The stadium is the historic home of Gaelic (Irish) sports such as Gaelic football and hurling.

The second leg of Champions League qualifying will not be held there but at the slightly more modest Dalymount Park, the Irish champions´ home ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Is this on telly?

Is this on telly?

Yes.

In Austria.

Irish TV stations know Irish people don't like watching Irish teams, so aren't cluttering up their schedule with it, so as not to annoy Irish people.

RTE are a fucking disgrace. They make me sick.:mad:

• Advertisement

Seriously like...this was shown on a Wednesday evening about a month ago.

WEDNESDAY 17 JUNE CONFEDERATIONS CUP

Group A - New Zealand v South Africa (19:30)
    Live on RTÉ Two and RTÉ.ie (IoI only)

They can stick their license fee up their holes...

Seriously like...this was shown on a Wednesday evening about a month ago.

WEDNESDAY 17 JUNE CONFEDERATIONS CUP

Group A - New Zealand v South Africa (19:30)
    Live on RTÉ Two and RTÉ.ie (IoI only)

That was a glamourous match, in the glamourous Confederations Cup don't you know.

There was a huge thread about it here and all.

As I said, Irish people don't like to watch Irish teams. There is no reason for any Irish TV Station to show this game.

They can stick their license fee up their holes...

Well, it's on the radio.

RTE Radio 1 LW 252.

Easily accessible by everyone. (afaik, it's ridiculously hard to get a radio with the LW band on it any more).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That was a glamourous match, in the glamourous Confederations Cup don't you know.

There was a huge thread about it here and all.

As I said, Irish people don't like to watch Irish teams. There is no reason for any Irish TV Station to show this game.

Well, it's on the radio.

RTE Radio 1 LW 252.

Easily accessible by everyone. (afaik, it's ridiculously hard to get a radio with the LW band on it any more).

Live on Rte.ie is only way i know how to get LW :o

I really shouldn't advertise it, but they'll have an audio stream here --
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/features/livestreams_bohs_v_salzburg.html

Use that in conjunction with justintv and you should get away with some sort of service, as RTE polish their camera lenses in preparation for their next lacrosse contest.

I'd edit that link out tbh.

• Advertisement

Right then, we have established that RTE are cu nts.

So what's the story with tickets for tonight's match? Can you pay at the gate. Might have to go in disguise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Pay at the stiles for Connaught St.

Can you pay at the gate. Might have to go in disguise!
    nose-moustache-glasses.jpg
    bohsman wrote: »

*shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No chance. I went to see Shelbourne play Deportivo and felt dirty enough doing that - did get to give Glenn Crowe stick though. I have to shower in bleach for a month if I turned up at the sty. C'mon Traps boys!

bohsman wrote: »

15 euro?

Right then, we have established that RTE are cu nts.

So what's the story with tickets for tonight's match? Can you pay at the gate. Might have to go in disguise!

There will be entry at the gate.

It's a nice evening, Dalymount is a short walk from town, and everyone, but everyone should get out there to support Bohs against these Austrian imposters.

4 hours, 30 minutes to kick-off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I need to buy tickets. Can someone googlemap where bohs main office is. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

15 euro?

Yes.
    c0rk3r wrote: »
    I need to buy tickets. Can someone googlemap where bohs main office is. thanks

See the opening post in the thread.

Dalymount Park

Office is on the New Cabra Road side of the stadium.

Connaught St is far side if paying in at the gate.

Come on Bohs, I'm really looking forward to tonight :)

• Advertisement

Hold me now... get some practice in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Just bought two tickets. From the tickets left on the desk it looks like (guesstimation) theres 200-ish standing tickets left. People were coming and going picking up tickets. I wouldnt risk buying a ticket at the gates

Probably just a batch. When I bought mine last week it looked like there were about 30 left!

I'd be very surprised if there were no places left in the Connaught St Stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Just saw a guy with a Red Bull Salzberg shirt today in a Subway (Eat Fresh) shop in Co. Kerry.

I was going over to kick his head in for disrepecting an Irish team until I heard his 'European' accent and I decided to back off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Well, I'm in the Jodi, I'll cheer on Bohs. Spot the other LoI fans when Bohs start a "stand up for the champions" chant and we refuse! We'll support you, cheer you on, cheer your goals, but some things we just can't do:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is 7955 the correct seated capacity for Dalymount?

Its nearly a sell out , fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Well, it's on the radio.

RTE Radio 1 LW 252.

Funny enough I was just given a new LW radio the other day. They are rare enough to try and get hold of. I think there is one or two shops in Dublin and that's it.

This is a pile of sh!te RTE not showing this. I would much rather watch either leg of a tie like this then some of that Confed Cup sh!te that was on, and I'm hardly an LOI fan. But why have Setanta (or TV3 or TG4) not been able to pick up this game? The rights were hardly expensive if they had to be bought off RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

good luck tonight I hope you go on a nice european run now

Just saw a guy with a Red Bull Salzberg shirt today in a Subway (Eat Fresh) shop in Co. Kerry.

I was going over to kick his head in for disrepecting an Irish team until I heard his 'European' accent and I decided to back off.

You sound like a lovely bloke.

Kicking the head off people.

Are you Stevie in disguise :D

• Advertisement

OK. I'm off now to the Home of Irish Football, after a day completely lost as far as work is concerned. Shaking like a leaf, stomach doing somersaults.

I've done all I can, short of begging, to persuade as many of you as possible to join in, in what could be a great night for Irish football or a tragic one for our club, so if you're still undecided, it's a little over three hours to kick-off.

Come and show some footballing pride. Come and shout for the Irish.

Come on the Bohs!

a tragic one for our club

Ah, now you've convinced me. ;)

/hops on bandwagon to Dalyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Pro. F wrote: »
    Funny enough I was just given a new LW radio the other day. They are rare enough to try and get hold of. I think there is one or two shops in Dublin and that's it.

This is a pile of sh!te RTE not showing this. I would much rather watch either leg of a tie like this then some of that Confed Cup sh!te that was on, and I'm hardly an LOI fan. But why have Setanta (or TV3 or TG4) not been able to pick up this game? The rights were hardly expensive if they had to be bought off RTE.

RTE are clowns of the highest order. I remember a few years ago on matchday they offered Shels a grand to change their kickoff from 8pm to 7:30 because they didn't want the start of their fecken James Bond film to be effected. Never mind the fans that would turn up at tolka that would find out the match had started early! OF course they were told to feck off.
    Also, remember the Shels Deportivo game? When Depor scored their second goal, RTE decided it would be pointless to show the rest of the game and they changed mid game to a Liverpool game!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Not trying to upset anyone here, but it would be interesting to see if bohs do go through. If this is the case Celtic also have a game at this stage which presumably will be on at the same times. Now what I wonder is, if it comes to it will RTE decide to show the Celtic match over the Bohs match?

sd08 wrote: »
    Not trying to upset anyone here, but it would be interesting to see if bohs do go through. If this is the case Celtic also have a game at this stage which presumably will be on at the same times. Now what I wonder is, if it comes to it will RTE decide to show the Celtic match over the Bohs match?

Don't teams from the same country usually play on alternate nights though?

Shouldn't be an issue for RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Should be ok weather-wise.
    I'm going to put my head on the block and say that I think we can win this.
    I hope your football forecasting is better than your weather forecasting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Good luck tonight Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Watched the match last week online,

Bohs really impressed me, am hoping they can finish off RBS tonight,

Best of luck to all involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Can Bohs go through? Obviously yes.

Will Bohs go through? An entirely different question. The temptation to sit back on the away goal must be burning a hole in Fenlon's head..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Had a little flutter on Salzburg to win this at 4/5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Had a little flutter on Salzburg to win this at 4/5.

Unfortunately i agree. Salzburg got their league campaign underway with a 2-1 win. Pre-season mode will be out of them now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement