Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NARGC director's report on the Firearms Act

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Not that we get much thanks for doing so.....

Yes ye did, I was one of many to thank ye on this forum
    Always felt this was done ass over tit here.We should have been doing this with shotgun and even smallbore .22 years ago .So when pistol came back,it would have been established and recognised and no big deal..
    Even pointed this out a couple of years ago on boards here,that shotgun should have been pushed more as an attractor to the sport.As it was easier to liscense a pump or semi shotgun than a pistol...

I agree
    Yeah,and will those self same "experts" be doing anything to gaurd the loss of the next items...Unless it directly impinges on them not likely..

Will there be any point ? All the lobbying etc hasn't done much good up to this :( or has it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I will shoot IPSC if I want - I just cannot do it in the ROI.

B;Man

Bananaman wrote: »
    I will shoot IPSC if I want - I just cannot do it in the ROI.........

Very true ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

QUOTE]Yes ye did, I was one of many to thank ye on this forum[/QUOTE]

Sorry,missed that.But if you did,you are welcome..For whatever it is worth.Like the captain of the Titanic thanking the officer in charge of driving it onto the iceberg.

Will there be any point ? All the lobbying etc hasn't done much good up to this :( or has it ?
    Maybe there will be if people finally COP ON that it doesnt matter what TYPE of gun you shoot,but the fact that we are all gunowners,and that appeasement will not work.I rather fancy that if ALL gunowners had said stuff this CJB,and stuff you Aherne on banning PP,we would have seen some difference in the legislation.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

It is like saying that Electric cars are going to lead to the downfall of society and the untold deaths of cyclists - nobody has seen one or driven one yet they are experts.

dougle_milkfloat.jpg

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

QUOTE].......Like the captain of the Titanic thanking the officer in charge of driving it onto the iceberg..

So now I'm responsible :(:p

An example of a gallant if futile gesture BS.Not you personally.:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

An example of a gallant if futile gesture BS.Not you personally.:p

Aw, and I so wanted to be a martyr :(:)

Always well appreciated in Ireland is the marytr:rolleyes::pac:.
    Statues and plaques are fierce cheap and you get your money out of them..The living hero ,not so.:(
    Must be somthing in our psyche or we listened too intently as kids to the story of Cu Chullan and the Morrigon [?]warning him of putting on armour on a certain day that whoever did so would lead a short life ,but be rememberd by Irishmen forever? Sounds a gyp deal...

Personally I preffer Gen Geo Pattons advice"You dont win wars by dying for your country,you win them by making sure the poor SOB on the other side dies for his!"

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Still no answers on this thread ?

Ah well I suppose if you wait long enough people forget, and the most important questions remain unanswered ????????????????

• Advertisement

Still no answers on this thread ?

Ah well I suppose if you wait long enough people forget, and the most important questions remain unanswered ????????????????

double_facepalm.jpeg

What was the question rrpc,

Before you face palm at least understand why you are doing it !!!!!!

Bunny knows what I am talking about :D

What was the question rrpc,
    You asked bunny to answer Mr. Mole's questions.
    Before you face palm at least understand why you are doing it !!!!!!

Bunny knows what I am talking about :D
    Because Mr. Mole's questions were either rhetorical or addressed to Des Crofton, not to an anonymous poster on boards. Hence the double facepalm.

So bunny was and is hardly in a position to answer them. Nor have you adequately explained why he should.

Mortgageman,

Just to remind you :rolleyes:
    ..........I cannot answer Moles question/s :( Unless, I am Des Crofton of course (...... spooky music ......)....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61313781&postcount=126

Post #126 in this thread :)

You are the weakest link.........Goodbye :)

Ah Bunny

Summer is here and all the little pests start to buzz around, what a nuisance they can be, but thats all they really are a small nuisance trying to cause a big stir, now where is my pest spray :D

ps thanks for thinking so much of me that you now quote me :cool:

Day Day

RRPC certain posters are declaring themselves as experts in why the NARGC have the document before it was officially released, if they try to posture on boards shouldn't they also be asked the questions directly ??? or is this just a forum for posturing and trying to look like an expert !! until they are called on it.

It would be great if all the documents that were passed to the DOJ by our shooting community could be seen in open forum, now wouldn't that be something :cool: maybe then democracy could rule :rolleyes: and those that have HELPED us into this position could answer why ;)

I don't post here a lot just because of these issues, as it has been said before if you lie with dogs you pick up fleas, and if you debate with with an imbecile you can quickly be dragged down to their level !, not that I am calling anybody here an imbecile, that would be wrong, and I like to play fair.

Ah Bunny

Summer is here and all the little pests start to buzz around, what a nuisance they can be, but thats all they really are a small nuisance trying to cause a big stir, now where is my pest spray :D

ps thanks for thinking so much of me that you now quote me :cool:

Day Day

RRPC certain posters are declaring themselves as experts in why the NARGC have the document before it was officially released, if they try to posture on boards shouldn't they also be asked the questions directly ??? or is this just a forum for posturing and trying to look like an expert !! until they are called on it.

It would be great if all the documents that were passed to the DOJ by our shooting community could be seen in open forum, now wouldn't that be something :cool: maybe then democracy could rule :rolleyes: and those that have HELPED us into this position could answer why ;)

I don't post here a lot just because of these issues, as it has been said before if you lie with dogs you pick up fleas, and if you debate with with an imbecile you can quickly be dragged down to their level !, not that I am calling anybody here an imbecile, that would be wrong, and I like to play fair.

Sticks & stones ............................ :P

Ah Bunny

Did you have second thoughts :P I had a great reply for your last post shame you didn't leave it up :D

Anyway ta ta for now ;)

Firstly I wouldn't be too sure that the NARGC had the guidelines as some of the stuff has since turned out to be wrong. Secondly I'm not sure what you mean by posturing as you directed your remarks at bunny who consistently stated he didn't know anything about it.
    You first :D

I usually find that people calling for democracy are usually looking for the flavour that has them in the majority. :rolleyes:

You first

Don't tempt me.

If I was to post, on here, even some of the information I have received, personally by email and letter, with respect to the lead up to this bill and the carry on of some individuals who have helped it to it's glorious fruition a few heads would be turned.

I was not hit with any confidentiallty agreements, except in the case of the Minister - all the communications from whom were under confidentiality agreement. The rest I would be free to post.

Now - i am not vindictive - yet - so have not done a doc dump on here.

I am waiting until the proverbial dust has settled and then will decide whether or not to post the lot.

Be warned - there would be 100's of pages of it and not too much of it makes for good reading.

As to the information I was privy to that was sent to the DOJ, Garda FPU, Gardai, Ministers, Senators, Shooting Bodies, Shooting Clubs, etc. (By concerned shooters who saw their sports under threat and no action being taken by those that 'represented' them.)
    It would put the Moriarty tribunal to shame for volume and it is disheartenting to realise that much fact with supporting documentation was either ignored or undermined by others.
    Plenty of you have seen what I am talking about. I will leave it to the primary publishers to decide whether or not to post it.

As to the proposals and information provided by the various shooting bodies etc. to the Minister, DOJ and Gardai during their lobbying. I was told by some what they had sent but have never seen anything bar the infamous 'Olympic Pistol Poster' that was published on here.

B'Man

As to the proposals and information provided by the various shooting bodies etc. to the Minister, DOJ and Gardai during their lobbying. I was told by some what they had sent but have never seen anything bar the infamous 'Olympic Pistol Poster' that was published on here.
    B'Man
    And this is the crux of the matter. I have heard some unbelievable statements purporting to be 'true' involving people who I know to be completely innocent of such claims, but as the old saying goes: 'A lie is halfway arround the world before the truth has got it's boots on'.

Some of the stuff is absolutely mind boggling and can only be described as 'playing the man'. Most of it is so off the wall that even more ludicrous motivations have been invented in order to suspend disbelief.

I'm glad that you mentioned the 'infamous olympic pistol poster' as this was used as some sort of proof that the NTSA were involved in some skullduggery with the DoJ. The most laughable part of that is the poster is over five years old (because it depicts pistols that were ineligible before the 2004 Athens Olympics due to a rule change).

The point of all this is that as far as I can see, it doesn't matter what you say in public or what evidence you use or documents you produce; those who wish to perpetrate lies and innuendos will continue to do so in the face of any proof or denial.

That's why I said 'You first'.

As an example of how people will continue to believe black is white is the continued assertion that the ISSF is fine with their federated members being involved with IPSC. The same reasons for this are trotted out (France, Greece etc.) when all those situations predated the ISSF ruling and so don't apply. Even the fact that the NTSA committed financial suicide rather than lose ISSF recognition has been twisted around to mean that they would get more money... somehow :confused:

In fact the increase in club affilitaion fees to help close the shortfall was portrayed as something far more sinister and searching questions were put on this forum about it that even members wouldn't ask at the AGM :(.

So yeah, I'd love to see what proof people have, or what twisted logic is being brought to bear on stuff that we've openly and transparently discussed on this forum.

Has everyone else been as forthcoming?

• Advertisement

Ah Bunny

Did you have second thoughts :P I had a great reply for your last post shame you didn't leave it up :D

Anyway ta ta for now ;)

I would have left it up but your previous attempts at a discussion were so childish I thought why bother :o:P

Don't tempt me.

If I was to post, on here, even some of the information I have received, personally by email and letter, with respect to the lead up to this bill and the carry on of some individuals who have helped it to it's glorious fruition a few heads would be turned.

I was not hit with any confidentiallty agreements, except in the case of the Minister - all the communications from whom were under confidentiality agreement. The rest I would be free to post.

Now - i am not vindictive - yet - so have not done a doc dump on here.

I am waiting until the proverbial dust has settled and then will decide whether or not to post the lot.

Be warned - there would be 100's of pages of it and not too much of it makes for good reading.

As to the information I was privy to that was sent to the DOJ, Garda FPU, Gardai, Ministers, Senators, Shooting Bodies, Shooting Clubs, etc. (By concerned shooters who saw their sports under threat and no action being taken by those that 'represented' them.)
    It would put the Moriarty tribunal to shame for volume and it is disheartenting to realise that much fact with supporting documentation was either ignored or undermined by others.
    Plenty of you have seen what I am talking about. I will leave it to the primary publishers to decide whether or not to post it.

B'Man

IF my aunt had balls she's be my uncle, such a small word IF, but with such dramatic consequences in a sentence :)

What I gotta do to tempt ya? ;)...........maybe............PP is for wannabes :)

What I gotta do to tempt ya?

Just wait - your day will come.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bunny, stop derailing the thread with drivel and snide "wouldn't-you-like-to-know" inneundo please.

Sparks wrote: »
    Bunny, stop derailing the thread with drivel and snide "wouldn't-you-like-to-know" inneundo please.

:eek: You must be reading a different thread to me

Granted I may be posting
    drivel and snide "wouldn't-you-like-to-know" inneundo
    however, it is in response to others who are posting
    drivel and snide "wouldn't-you-like-to-know" inneundo
    and I know I should not bother to reply but I can't help myself :) what really gets to me though is your one-sided warning here. As you are the OP on this thread do I detect you and some of the posters here have a common agenda? :(

As I now risk a ban, which would suit some, I shall refrain from answering further direct questions on this thread ;) Now if you can get those asking them to refrain also ....................

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nope Bunny, no agenda - I just thought that after all the days of listening to shoutiness and yelling, that it'd be nice if we could have just the one time where someone asked a small, quiet, inoffensive question (even if it happened to be a doozy); and not see it given poor treatment. I'd like to know what Des thinks he's doing, pulling stunts like that. I'd like to see stuff played straight for once, instead of this constant need for this secret squirrel nonsense. It's getting to the point where it's reminding me of an interview quote with a Republican after Nixon was forced to resign, when he was asked who ordered that they cover up Watergate (when it wouldn't have been as damaging to just do nothing); he replied that not covering it up wasn't ordered. It feels like we're there now, that we can't actually sit down and do a professional job at anything, but have to go off and act the eejit all the time.

Nope Bunny, no agenda - .

Fair enough ;)
    I just thought that after all the days of listening to shoutiness and yelling, that it'd be nice if we could have just the one time where someone asked a small, quiet, inoffensive question (even if it happened to be a doozy); and not see it given poor treatment. I'd like to know what Des thinks he's doing, pulling stunts like that. I'd like to see stuff played straight for once, instead of this constant need for this secret squirrel nonsense. It's getting to the point where it's reminding me of an interview quote with a Republican after Nixon was forced to resign, when he was asked who ordered that they cover up Watergate (when it wouldn't have been as damaging to just do nothing); he replied that not covering it up wasn't ordered. It feels like we're there now, that we can't actually sit down and do a professional job at anything, but have to go off and act the eejit all the time.

At this stage I have to agree and I draw your attention to my posts #126 & #165 but some people just won't let it go :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61313781&postcount=126

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61367526&postcount=165

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

Nope Bunny, no agenda - I just thought that after all the days of listening to shoutiness and yelling, that it'd be nice if we could have just the one time where someone asked a small, quiet, inoffensive question (even if it happened to be a doozy); and not see it given poor treatment. I'd like to know what Des thinks he's doing, pulling stunts like that. I'd like to see stuff played straight for once, instead of this constant need for this secret squirrel nonsense. It's getting to the point where it's reminding me of an interview quote with a Republican after Nixon was forced to resign, when he was asked who ordered that they cover up Watergate (when it wouldn't have been as damaging to just do nothing); he replied that not covering it up wasn't ordered. It feels like we're there now, that we can't actually sit down and do a professional job at anything, but have to go off and act the eejit all the time.

Sparks have you never heard that the ship of state is the only one that leaks from the top?

:D

And bunny complaining about snide posts. The world sure is becoming a strange place ;)

Bunny I don't know if you actually read the content of posts that are made or if you just jump in with comments that you can make to attack the posts and make yourself look like you know it all !

Fair play to you if you do know it all, you are a better man that everyone else in the shooting community if that be the case.

But whats happened in our community is very serious and will have far reaching effects not just for my sport but for my childrens sport, if it is still around at that time :mad:

I am sick to the back teeth of people making comments and trying to spoil !!, spoil things for everybody else just to make themselves seem important.

A group of dedicated shooters spent almost six months recently putting in long days and nights trying to lobby the minister and provide correct information for the purposes of fair play, at almost every junture there were attempts to scupper their efforts, from within their community :eek: this is what saddens me the most.

At a time like this all proper shooting sports men and women need to pull together and help each other. I have spoken to many UK shooters who have told me exactly what happened in their country and how similar we are.

We were given two ears, two eyes and one mouth, its a shame that we don't use them in the percentage that they were given us. and most important of all we engage our brains before we open our mouths, as what we say within our community effects the whole community, and it is viewed extremely closely by those outside of our community, who have the ability to change our sport on a whim :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

A group of dedicated shooters spent almost six months recently putting in long days and nights trying to lobby the minister and provide correct information for the purposes of fair play, at almost every junture there were attempts to scupper their efforts, from within their community :eek: this is what saddens me the most.
    I think you should expand on that.

Not nice to make accusaations without foundation and leave everyone pointing fingers at each other. Paranoia rules, is that your game?

Advertisement