Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contract vs project funding

Options
  • 20-07-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I am doing a research postgrad. I have funding until end of January according to my contract.
    The project I am on might not have funding after start of september. The contract was based on an assumption the funding would be extended. However there are less funds available now so it might not be extended.
    I know that they will want to either cut my funding or put me on a different project (as well as current on) if the extension to the funding is not given. This would be breaking the contract though as it's until the end of January, (and it's not a case of having funding cut because of lack of progress etc - it's a case of an extension possibly not being given).
    It could cause real problems because I'd risk being hit with 5k of fees as well as having no stipend if they do cut the funding.

On an aside, they've already broken the contract because it said explicitly I was not required to give classes as part of the deal, but they insisted I gave 4-6 hours of classes a week without pay anyway. I should have made them insist that in writing but I didn't.

Advertisement