Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre mixed concrete?

Options
  • 20-07-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I know that you can get bags of pre-mixed cement/sand in the US and other areas but is something like this available in Ireland?

I need to build a small wall and wanted to take the easy way out.. :)

If not, how much would I be looking at to hire a small mixer for a day?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i have seen it in b&q.

not sure how much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Martron wrote: »
    i have seen it in b&q.

not sure how much though.

Thanks, I'll take a look there.

its in a plastic bag. i think its originally for washing pole posts. you could soup up the strenght with some more cement. and for a better finish some more sand.

try out a bag to see the finish ou get .

what dimension of wall you making?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Pretty much all DIY stores sell bags of pre-mixed concrete and mortar, but as matron says, depending on the use you have it's often worth adding a bit of cement since they are usually very lean mixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Cool thanks for the info..

Basically, I want to build a raised pond and was looking to take the easy way out of mixing..

Its going to be L shaped and 2m long on the back walls with 1m deep so all in all 8m of walls and was going to come up four blocks.

Just thinking about it I guess I'm best to go and do it properly and hire a small mixer, especially considering I'll need a foundation etc also.

• Advertisement

those premixed bags are not really ideal for that sort of thing.

Advertisement