Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3 : Mothership Zeta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

it will be good for the new weapons anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The player will then be abducted and will end up on the alien mothership, Mothership Zeta, where they will meet other prisoners and plot their escape. [1] The other prisoners originate both from the Capital Wasteland and from Earth’s past

I like that concept, teaming up with ppl from earths past :D, get a few roman centurions on the go !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't really like the idea of it being in a spaceship. As long as it isn't as linear as operation anchorage it should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Prey II :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Cool. Plus the option of some more alien blaster ammo is always good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I don't really like the idea of it being in a spaceship. As long as it isn't as linear as operation anchorage it should be good.

Thats what i was worried about as well. Setting it on a Spaceship makes it seem like it will be very linear. But given that it is a "mothership" could mean that it is huge and might offer some exploration.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thats what i was worried about as well. Setting it on a Spaceship makes it seem like it will be very linear. But given that it is a "mothership" could mean that it is huge and might offer some exploration.

I wonder will it have actual markers for places. I only found have the stuff in fallout but following the little triangles that came up on the radar thingey. Without that I'd probably not have bothered doing as much exploration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

There was talk of an alien death ray and foiling their sinister plans for the earth so I belive there will be some sort of major quest objective. We'll know soon enough when it gets out.

Are all the vendors going to be humans who managed to scrounge stuff on the ship ? ...or maybe some alien castaways who are sympathetic to your plight...but then...why would they talk english ?

Need more details plz quick now !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's out now kids!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I love the F3 gameplay (for all the criticism it gets) so new content even if it is set in space is always good. I've played Broken Steel (ok) and Point Lookout (very enjoyable), hopefully any new perks and weapons will add to the game overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

had a quick 30minutes with Zeta there, nothing great so far in terms of things to see or do or story or characters, but only starting out i guess i got very little done, but the new weapons are lethal :D

Played it for a couple of hours there. I had a save game in regular Fallout 3 at level 23 or so, so I had plenty of nice weapons and equipment, no power armour though.

The atmosphere is pretty good in this expansion, graphics and structure of the alien environment and special effect are all quality.

The aliens
    are a bit of a let down tbh. The early ones I've met conform to the little green men/1950's alien movies stereotype. Most are really easy to kill, I met one that took some effort, probably a bit tougher than a Super Mutant Master, not as tough as an Overlord. They are pretty quick on their feet though, so VATS is a great help.
    The new weaponry
    is a bit lame too. Hand guns like the plasma pistol, rifles like the plasma rifle, just a bit more powerful and with different effects and gfx. There's zero need to conserve ammo, repairing is a doddle since nearly every alien has a weapon. Hopefully some new totally unique stuff will appear as I play through the expansion.

The storyline is kind of interesting so far. Straight forward on the outside but as you move through the early stages it doesn't feel quite right, I'm assuming there will be twists and turns and it's not as simple as it first appears.

Downsides so far for me are:
    1) It's very linear. Follow the map marker or follow instructions, no real branching out or just wandering about so far.
    2) NPCs are a bit lame, no spoilers but voice acting, personalities and so on are a bit gay and not very realistic/believable. Not up to the standard of some Wasteland characters. There are some funny bits though in the dialogue.
    3)I'm playing on hard difficulty, and I've played alot of Capital Wasteland Fallout3, but it's still piss easy. If you start this DLC on level 10-12 or higher in the main game you will be fine. If you start (like I did) at a high level with nice weapons and armour then consider ramping up the difficulty to the max. I haven't died yet, or even been severely damaged in a firefight. You will have loads of stimpacks from the main game anyway.

Overall not blown away by it, early days, hoping for more epicness, still very enjoyable to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm still waiting for my copies of F3 to arrive from play. ThePitt&OpAnchorage arrived last weekend.

What was Brotherhood of Steel like?

ARRRGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

po0k wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my copies of F3 to arrive from play. ThePitt&OpAnchorage arrived last weekend.

What was Brotherhood of Steel like?

ARRRGH!
    I havn't bothered with any of the DLC's yet, are there plans to release them altogether?

Finished this tonight, what a let down. Repetitive, boring and very linear. Enemies and weapons are very unimaginative, storyline sucks. Nothing interesting happened at all. It felt like Doom, run about, shoot, click buttons, end level.

Towards the end I actually felt a bit homesick for the Capitol Wasteland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    I havn't bothered with any of the DLC's yet, are there plans to release them altogether?

I can't find the link but i do remember reading that they will release them altogether at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

2) NPCs are a bit lame, no spoilers but voice acting, personalities and so on are a bit gay and not very realistic/believable. Not up to the standard of some Wasteland characters. There are some funny bits though in the dialogue.

So they're homosexual then?

Strange seeing as ive beaten Zeta and didn't come across any Homosexuals in it.

I thought Mod's were supposed to kind of lead by example so to speak.

Undead wrote: »

So they're homosexual then?

Strange seeing as ive beaten Zeta and didn't come across any Homosexuals in it.

I thought Mod's were supposed to kind of lead by example so to speak.
    I'm not a mod in this forum, I'm just a regular user, and I meant gay in the internet meaning = lame/poor. STFU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

lafortezza wrote: »
    I'm not a mod in this forum, I'm just a regular user, and I meant gay in the internet meaning = lame/poor. STFU.

Since when is there an internet meaning?

Come out of your delusional world and cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

OH **** SON SOMEONE GOT OFFENDED ON THE INTERNETS SOMEONE MAKE A POST ABOUT IT QUICKLY

/me phones the pc police

going to take you to jail lafortezza where you can be reeducated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I am gay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyway we can talk about Fallout and not about who is or isn't offended by nonsense?

Advertisement