Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angel eye headlights

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As long as they are E Marked and RHD then you will be fine. There are a lot of people on these forums who turn their noses up at any modification.

As long as you get a fairly normal looking pair of lights and nothing flash then they will look fairly cool.

I passed a 03 Astra today in Nenagh with black housed Projector headlights. It was very tidy looking.

Personally I would steer away from the angel eye part and just try to get projector beams instead which are much cooler.:cool:

Always get the E marked ones because whether the E mark is fake or not at least it will give you a leg to stand on with the Gardai/NCT brigade.

Then again, its probably advisable to dumb your car down for the NCT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Berty wrote: »
    As long as they are E Marked and RHD then you will be fine. There are a lot of people on these forums who turn their noses up at any modification.

As long as you get a fairly normal looking pair of lights and nothing flash then they will look fairly cool.

I passed a 03 Astra today in Nenagh with black housed Projector headlights. It was very tidy looking.

Personally I would steer away from the angel eye part and just try to get projector beams instead which are much cooler.:cool:

Always get the E marked ones because whether the E mark is fake or not at least it will give you a leg to stand on with the Gardai/NCT brigade.

Then again, its probably advisable to dumb your car down for the NCT.

Yeah, I would be a less is more kinda guy too.
    My bad however, I though the projector lights were a part of of the angel eyes type of light.
    The projector lights would be quite nice, are they the gas lights yeah?
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Volkswagen-Golf-MK4-IV-Black-HALO-Projector-Headlights_W0QQitemZ140333940916QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20ac8e00b4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1301|293:1|294:50

I admit I do like the look of these, no sign of an E mark though.
    Thanks for the tips and advice.

bbk wrote: »
    Yeah, I would be a less is more kinda guy too.
    My bad however, I though the projector lights were a part of of the angel eyes type of light.
    The projector lights would be quite nice, are they the gas lights yeah?

Thanks for the tips and advice.

Projector lights are part of the sets you have linked, yes but XENON are the ones filled with GAS which are normally[9/10] in projector houses.

Take the Passats they are all (except old ones) projector lamps with a normal halogen bulb behind it.

You can hook up an after market xenon kit to the housing kits you have linked to but there would be a slight miss on the arc of the light.

XENON are in fact a type of bulb as opposed to the regular Halogen which is the most common on the market.

It is reflector housing which is what you currently have on your car and the projector housing/angel eye+projector is what you are looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Berty wrote: »
    Projector lights are part of the sets you have linked, yes but XENON are the ones filled with GAS which are normally[9/10] in projector houses.

Take the Passats they are all (except old ones) projector lamps with a normal halogen bulb behind it.

You can hook up an after market xenon kit to the housing kits you have linked to but there would be a slight miss on the arc of the light.

XENON are in fact a type of bulb as opposed to the regular Halogen which is the most common on the market.

It is reflector housing which is what you currently have on your car and the projector housing/angel eye+projector is what you are looking at.

Thanks for that.
    The problem with the headlight in the first place is that condensation has gotten into the lamp and the reflective coating looks like a shattered mirror now.

Ill give it some more pondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

You will need to notify your insurance company that you have modified your car. Failure to do so may invalidate your cover and result in bwwwwwaaaaahahhhaaaahhaa, sorry I can't keep a straight face any longer. Good luck with your angel eyes...

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If it were my car i'd be looking for a pair of factory HID units instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

ive looked at these before is it easy to install them yourself or difficult

Anan1 wrote: »
    If it were my car i'd be looking for a pair of factory HID units instead.

That would be the dream for most people with any style. I looked for HID for my Audi but they only came on the S4/RS4 so they are few and far between and i could never find them spurious.

I could find them spurious LHD but I refused to trick myself.

Advertisement