Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

State Exam Superintendents

• 20-07-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Anybody know when we get paid for the superintending? I've been told end of July/start of August but nobody knows for sure??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

Can anybody shed some light on the above question?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 10.9

I did superintendent for a special centre and I got paid ages ago! The week after the exams were over I got my cheque. I had to call down to the school to collect it. If you hav not got paid by now it must be because the school office is closed or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

10.9 wrote: »
    I did superintendent for a special centre and I got paid ages ago! The week after the exams were over I got my cheque. I had to call down to the school to collect it. If you hav not got paid by now it must be because the school office is closed or something.

Superintending for special centres is different from the main centres. Special centres are paid directly by the school. Main centres by the SEC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

Did mine in a VEC school, got paid early July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Enright wrote: »
    Did mine in a VEC school, got paid early July

Was it for a special centre? If it was a main centre, it doesn't matter what school you did it in, you get paid by the SEC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 iuil19

It's been the second week in August the last couple of years.

iuil19 wrote: »
    It's been the second week in August the last couple of years.

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yeah i just checked back and when I did it two years ago I was paid in the middle of august

• Registered Users Posts: 34 iuil19

Payment was in my bank account this morning!

iuil19 wrote: »
    Payment was in my bank account this morning!

Ditto! I've it already spent:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aloofasc

Im still waiting! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TopicHunter

Has everyone received their payments from the SEC I am still waiting...I have called a few times but all they ever say is that they are being processed...I also was an examiner too....anyone know when you get paid for that?

Has everyone received their payments from the SEC I am still waiting...I have called a few times but all they ever say is that they are being processed...I also was an examiner too....anyone know when you get paid for that?

Correcting exams? Normally that comes out mid September but last year was a complete disaster and it was late October by the time most people were paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TopicHunter

I did the Superintendent for the LC too....still have not received payment for that either....am not working so was kinda relying on it being here by now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aloofasc

I did the Superintendent for the LC too....still have not received payment for that either....am not working so was kinda relying on it being here by now :(

Still waiting!! Totally sucks should be here by now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was an external moderator/examiner for JC projects and I was paid a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 StephenNFLover

Those crowd in Athlone are a bloody disgrace.Nearly two months to the day since I finished supervising state exams,and still no sign of payment.Maybe in 2 or 3 weeks they say on phone,but ring back if u havent got it then.

Those crowd in Athlone are a bloody disgrace.Nearly two months to the day since I finished supervising state exams,and still no sign of payment.Maybe in 2 or 3 weeks they say on phone,but ring back if u havent got it then.

It was never this slow until last year, you could nearly predict down to the day when the money would land in your account. However, I suspect that anyone that has retired has not been replaced in the SEC. Also because of the embargo on recruitment maybe they are not allowed to hire seasonal staff like they used to during exam time. I also suspect they are asked to go through every claim with a fine toothcomb to make sure they are not paying out any more than they have to and this is all leading to delays in payment. But maybe there are other reasons....

Last year when I was out examining practicals I had a load of external candidates whom I had to write to individually. I posted the letters in two bundles, and had two receipts enclosed with my claim form, one for €55 and the other for €11. Except on the form i just put the total as €66. Cue some weeks later I get a call from the finance section asking me why I had put in a claim for €66 euro with no receipt. Told yer one on the phone I had submitted two receipts and she said yes, she had one for 11 and another for 55. I asked her to add 11 and 55 together. Silence and she hung up. Idiots.

Advertisement