Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite class you levelled.

Options
  • 20-07-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

As the title says,

what has been your favourite class to level and why?

my fav was deffo levelling my kara geared warr from 70-80 as prot.
    hadnt played him in months so to level him as prot was great, learned the class again, was never short of groups for instancing, learned all the dungeons too.

the quickest to level was probably my dk.. he was a powerhouse from 55-80. like my warr i tanked my way to 80.

from vanilla wow, my hunter was the easiest to level to 70 back in tbc days. from 70-80 was fairly quick too. he was my 3rd toon to level so i knew knew every quest and the quickest way to level.

currently leveling a rogue (stuck in 30's) and just started a druid. the druid is great fun, feral rocks!!

so what was your fav?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

My druid was super easy, no downtime can solo group quests can tank instances. The complete package.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Favourite class i levelled was probably the Warlock. Had levelled a Paladin previously, and loved the complete change of tactics involved with playing a caster. I'd never really played a caster in any RPG previously, and it was great fun. Also, being able to summon pets was a joy, and i think one of the most enjoyable things i've ever done in Warcraft was in Desolace, enslaving the elite doomguard south of the horde base (not sure if he's still elite) and chasing after higher level players. Was brilliant fun.

I still havent levelled him to 80 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Once you've leveled one to 80, It's painful leveling another :(

As for leveling I ****ing hate it, easiest (not fun) class I've leveled with ZERO downtime would be my dk, Most boring class to level was my mage, 7million frostbolts to 80 is not fun.

My mage would be my fav class to play tho, most fun in arena by a long shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I enjoyed my warrior from 70 to 80 as we were over powered... There was no class I couldn't kill.

I found my hunter to be the fastest, but I got help from guildies and the likes. I got him to 73 but I got a little bored. He has herbalism and skinning, so I am interested in leveling him some more.

I have a level 70 DK who I leveled only for prospecting my ore and disenchanting my greenies. Nice money maker there.

At the moment I am leveling a rogue, she is level 34 at the moment. Not giving her too much time at the moment. I think I will enjoy PVPing with this one though :)

I have a low level mage and priest too, priest is 14 and mage is 15, they are ok, but a lot of downtime.

I think the warrior was the most amount of fun, being prot means that you are always in demand when it comes to heroics and raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

My warrior was my first char so obviously it will be the most memorable. But I throughly enjoyed leveling my priest, lock and druid.
    Although leveling my enhancement shammy with two flurry axes with crusador enchants was awesome fun! :D

I've tried out all classes.. found hunters and paladins too boring tbh, never got them above 25 lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Found my lock to be fun lately in destro. Doin decent damage in dungeons but over aggroin :( Wouldnt know what toon to play for dps if got him geared as well as my Rogue.

Rogue was first toon levelled. Was nice damage & could always pop evasion when health was gettin low or vanish if thought ya were gonna die :( Topping damage meters in raids here and there (But apparently my recount aint setup right)

Death Knight was levelled as a tank and fun to play. Nice self healing with blood spec , and aoe with unholy spec. Never tried frost though

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

my favourite is still my priest, level 39-49 was like godmode and i want it back dammit!

i enjoy the first few levels of dk too. hating my retri paladin, hes boring me to tears :( hes going prot asap

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

My favorite toon to level from 1 - 60 was my hunter, She was my first toon and as you can imagine everything was new, shiney and needed to be investigated. With a pet and a Feign she was great fun exploring with when everything had a skull over it and you where S*%ting it.

She got shelved though when TBC came out and I rerolled a Shammy as everyone and their mother had a hunter made more sence to be a class the guild actually needed. She was the most fun as a class to play and is still my main and favorite to this day.

Have also enjoyed leveling my Priest (Though she was a bitch to level as holy but once i switched to Shadow OMG ^^,) & my Rogue. Leveling my Warlock atm & a wickle Pally and both are great fun and keeping me occupied till the patch comes and I have more to do on my main then achievements :)

One last thing I've noticed from leveling so many chars is that the 1 - 60 levels are the most fun once you hit Outland and Northrend everything and everyone seems to become more rushed, dramatic & of course the crazies start popping up more often in groups lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The most iconic for me was my priest from 1-70, because it took like years, literally. Gj told me I should make a healer then everyone would want me for groups, and that turned true, just it took me ages to do it. I took my time, read the lore and jsut enjoyed the experience of being able to do serious dps in shadow and super healing in holy.

My warlock has been probably my favourtie toon so far. I levelled him alongside Dar ( along with a paladin, druid and mage) and it was a great experience. Having everyone chanting me on and supporting me to hit 80 was a great thing to have, and then the help I got was tremendous when I did reach it, I've falling in love with the outland server ( and ive played alot of servers)

The paladin and druid and mage I also thoroughly enjoyed and they will get leveled when I get the heirlooms :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

Rogue! Druid second :D

Im on Al'akir which is probably one of the most populated servers there is so levelling an alt is basically like a warzone and usually i end up logging my main and starting wars. With rogue i could vanish and run :D (vanish even works well vs high levels :D ) So stealth saved me lots of time in levelling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Priest was the favorite i think, then the warrior, then hunter, lock, rogue.

The DK is fun and all, but i have gotten so bored of the quests now i have 5 lvl 80's. So trying to level through mostly instancing. But ofcourse im running into complete tards in there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

5 80s nice goin.

went back to my rogue for a while tonight after a couple months break and its so much fun! the survivability with vanish is great

how long till blizz let you create any class at 55?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

copeyhagen wrote: »
    5 80s nice goin.

went back to my rogue for a while tonight after a couple months break and its so much fun! the survivability with vanish is great

how long till blizz let you create any class at 55?!!!

Inorite? Rogues are awesome fun. Too bad theyre a bit underpowered at the moment.

I think there was some discussions before about other hero classes like hunter/ranger heros and stuff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I found my warlock and DK the easiest to 80,still prefer my priest hence why its my main.
    I just love healing :)
    Have a hunter and rogue at 70,hunter was easy mode.
    Its the only class i could continue killing mobs while i had res sickness,think beast mastery is best for such a scenario, but i found the hunter tio be terribly boring hence why its still at 70 plus its an ally :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

ret paladin, amazing damage and built like a truck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i hate leveling .

ive a rogue stuck at 69 a pally stuck at 54 and a dk that i dispise with avengence

back in the day when i fist got wow i got my lock to 40 without a glance then decided it would be better to roll a rogue . got it to 60 and straight into mc and then onto ony and bwl once i got my achievements done.

had lots of fun . then went back to the lock because everyone kept telling me level 60 locks pwn everything. ( back then i guess they did )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I've levelled every class except paladin to at least 60 and most of them to 70+. By far the most fun was my mage from about 40-60, the aoe grinding back then was brilliant. All classes have their fun moments in fairness, but I think I struggled most with my shammy. Hunter was a little boring, but you can break the monotony by soloing elites/group quests and tackling mobs 3-4 levels higher with few problems.

I think the highest I ever got with a pally was level 4 or something, but I have just bought the heirloom shoulders and mailed them to a brand new level one pally so we'll see how that works out. To be fair, the ret tree has changed so much over the last few years it should be much easier to level one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ive tried leveling a paladin so many times, its just horrible for me. Got a ret to about level 17 once and got so frustrated i deleted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Gotta say I loved my lock. Affliction 1-70 was great fun, no downtime, then demo 70-80.
    Destro is fun atm, although am definitely affliction at heart, lookin forwrad to the new bonus crit to Haunt in 3.2 tho!
    Have 80 dk aswell...meh...fun and v easy to level.
    currently have 78 priest, taking me aaaaaages to level cos am loving disc in PvP too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I loved leveling my first paladin, but gave up around 50. I moved on to a few others and loved leveling up a lock to 70. Then I went back to leveling a different pally and was quite happy leveling that to 80. So overall i've got to say Pally - but make sure you pick the leveling build that suits your style. Some like ret, some will play well as prot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It'd probably have to be Mage for me, probably because I levelled him the quickest and enjoyed playing him the most. That said I've got a druid still hanging around since I started playing that I level every so often, can be great fun too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dubhdara3

Retri Pally for me as well, took a bit of time to lvl, but definitely most fun I've had. Although once I got to 80, I've spent more time healing than doing dps.

Just started a Druid this morning planning to go Feral/Balance, which looks like it could be interesting as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 murfz

Rogues are fun was my fav to lvl was also my first toon to lvl 80 so when i went back & lvl'd a pala (prot) was a seriously easy soloing elite mobs no bother..:D But the rogue was a better challange...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Im levelling my first character now, a blood elf lock, still very early on in the game, only level 13. Gotta say, it's almost too easy so far. I've yet to come across a monster I can't kill easily. There's no challenge. I'm about to go after my first group monster alone because I can summon an Imp that tanks for me.

I'm tempted to start something else, a less powerful character that will be more of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

the first 20 levels of any charactor ( apart form dk ) are easy . its to get you used to the charactor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

My priest was probably the funnest class ive levelled as you are just so op for questing as shadow! The constant healing stream makes u lol through elites! Now being an 80 disc priest i just lol through most classes attacks with my op bad pvp gear (22k hp,900+ resi) cept some good warriors can catch me out =\ now all i need is 2 well oiled and timed 3v3 partners for next season! ....like that will happen lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

elexes wrote: »
    the first 20 levels of any charactor ( apart form dk ) are easy . its to get you used to the charactor

Thanks, rain on my parade why dont you?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

*gets umbrella*

*enchants umbrella with lifestealing*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Probably my mage. Leveled to 50 in fire and 50-70 as frost (fell in love with water elemental). Occasionally paused to do BGs at 29, 39 and 49 to get blues. Respecced arcane at 3.0.2 and have been arcane since.

Unfortunately I haven't touched him in 3 months as I've been melting faces with my priest since then

• Advertisement
Advertisement