Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made DIY stock? Where to begin?

Options
  • 20-07-2009 7:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

I have decided to build a personalized stock to suit my 22lr. What sort of materials are both suitable and cheap n easy to work with. Ideally I'd be aiming for a lightweight construction.

Anybody know an good links to such activities!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I don't know about cheap and easy, but the advantage is that you can make a stock fit absolutely perfect.

I did one a few years ago for my 308 Sako. I this case my objective was perfect fit and absolutely stiff and strong stock for max accuracy and great offhand shootability.
    Started with an old walnut factory stock. Walnut can be deoiled and will glue well with epoxy.
    Removed weight by perforating with holes and changed shape for a better fit. Carbon corner reinforcing.
    Image025.jpg

Carbon in the barrel channel and action inlet corners. Also pillars added.
    DSC02514.jpg

Kaiser grip added
    DSC02512.jpg

Epoxy bedding of action and floorplate.
    DSC02517.jpg

The outside was then covered with carbon.
    Sakocarbon1.jpg

Standard Remington 150gr soft points.
    Image093.jpg

edi

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Lovely job ejg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

A cloverleaf. Makes me proud to be Irish:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Mind now ejg that "Mecanno "sets dont sue you for patent infringement.:D But seriously,a very intresting and nice looking stock.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement