Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your earliest childhood memory

• 20-07-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Mine would be sitting with the whole family in grannies living room (we didn't have a telly at that time), way past my bedtime and watching the first moonlanding :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Mine was looking out the window of a creche watching my ma walking away to go to work. I'm suprised I remember that, I must have been about 2 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

My mam's waters breaking when she was walking down the stairs while she was pregnant with my sister. I was three at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Verchiel

Bashing my head off the fireplace when I was two. Was racing my older brother at the time and tripped.

:(

What was he thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Crying my eyes out when my mom left me in the classroom on my first day of Primary School

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

peasant wrote: »
    Mine would be sitting with the whole family in grannies living room (we didn't have a telly at that time), way past my bedtime and watching the first moonlanding :cool:

You're a day early.

Mine would be my mother and father having sex.

Penetrating that egg felt good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sitting in my high chair having a tantrum because I was talking but nobody could understand me, I'd say something and they'd reply with "yes, goo goo ga ga who's a good girl". I'd love to know if that's a real memory, I can remember it so clearly but I must have been really young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

With the exception of the time difference, mine is the exact same memory.

We went to my grandparents because they had a colour television.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My mam's waters breaking when she was walking down the stairs while she was pregnant with my sister. I was three at the time.

I thought you were gonna say pregnant with you. :D

Me crying my eyes out clinging on to my mother for dear life on my very first day of school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Sitting in the pram with the wireless playing and me mam singing along to it

I also remember as a young child child the moons landings and was down on holiday on caravan site in Kilmuckridge co Wexford at the time ,watching it on a little portable black and white tv .It really was a fascinating event and gripped the whole world at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Sitting in a pram when I was 1/2 at the the local army barracks while there was some display thing on. I was only interested in pulling out of the chain barrier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

jaysus you're old! :p

mine would be dressing up as a mexican, with an acoustic guitar strapped onto me, and holding my fully grown tomcat up in the air by the neck. i would have been three at the time, and there are pictures of said event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Not a clue how old i was but u know those big white puff ball weeds (fairy clocks or something) ? Had one of them in front of my mouth, took a deep breath with my mouth wide open, and then bit down on it and got the whole fuzzy ball in my mouth :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

BVB wrote: »
    Crying my eyes out when my mom left me in the classroom on my first day of Primary School

That's my second earliest memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

My cousins and I getting a jant up and down the beach in a cart being pulled by a donkey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Being caught trying to twist my newborn sister's arms when I was four.

I had issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

being in my highchair watching Tina Turner on the telly while my mammy brought me my tea(pretty sure it was beans with chunks of bread and butter mixed in,twas my favourite apparently!).

also remember playing with the plastic cover on my buggy!:) fun times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Being caught trying to twist my newborn sister's arms when I was four.

Quite similar to my first actually. I remember seeing my brother creep up behind my sister with a scissors, grabbing her pony tail and snipping it all off. Made me laugh at the time! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Falling in the school yard and getting quite a few stones lodged in my knee. Remember someone picking them out with a tweezers and screaming for my Mam. All of a sudden she was there and it didn't hurt anymore. Mammys rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Dunno if it's my earliest memory or not but I remember when I was aaround 3/4 asking Mom if I ever flew in an airplane and she told me that I flew back from Greece in her belly...

...A full 10 years later I have a eureka moment and it dawns on me that I know where I was concieved:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

That's my second earliest memory

You remember me crying:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

Being smacked by my mam for pulling down my trousers in the street aged around 2. Funnily, I dont actually remember pulling down my trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Andreas Brehme's winning penalty for Germany in Italia 90.

Advertisement