Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtra Vision

Options
  • 20-07-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

i just recieved a call from xtra vision asking me to a return a dvd and that i owed money on it. Now i havent been in xtra vision in a long time, but the girl said that my name and address was given when i rented it, and the account has been use a few times in the last few months.
    It definatly wasnt any of my family are most are not in the same area and the other said she hasnt been there in months either. Whats curious is that i dont even live in the vicinity of this shop a and raerly use it myself, so im really curious as to who has been using my name. Because of my husbands job we are completly x-directory so im raging. the girl in the shop was no help and said that there was no way of checking who's been using the account.

This is crazy practice, why on earth, when i opened the account did i have to bring in full money laundering doc's to them, when clearly they pay no attention to them whatsoever.
    After ringing back a second time, I was told that I would not be liable for the cost of the dvd, but surely this is not good enough, it has me worried now that some idiot has my details, but xtra vision couldnt give a rats either way. :mad:
    Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You can make your account card only.
    So anyone using the account must produce the card.

Otherwise, I can stroll in and say I'm gogo, now put this DVD on my account.
    I'd need your address also.

It was done to me.
    Back in the day when it was possible to rent consoles, some fecker took one out and never returned.
    Multiple phonecalls and the garda car calling to my house.

Since then, the account is "card only"
    Request that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Feck though someone renting '88 minutes' was bad, would die if a squad pulled up outside the door, she said she would put card only on the account. But just think this isnt good enough, she annoyed me she was so snotty, I know its only a dvd, but im kinda worried about someone having our details, we are in a new house and as I said completley x-directory.
    My gut tells me that no address was asked for, as i have an unusual enough name, they probably sufficed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

gogo wrote: »
    the girl in the shop was no help and said that there was no way of checking who's been using the account.

Sure they can - they have CCTV covering the counter in Xtravision shops, and they'll know exactly what day and time the DVD was rented at, so they'll easily be able to see who it was.

I didn't realise you could rent without your card or ID....I haven't used Xtravision in a few years but if I went in without my card I had to show my passport/driving license.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

maybe its osmeone who knows you. Not a friend but maybe a friend of a friend or someone who only met you a couple of times

You can get films out from chartbuster and xtravision with no card.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

gogo wrote: »
    Feck though someone renting '88 minutes' was bad, would die if a squad pulled up outside the door, she said she would put card only on the account. But just think this isnt good enough, she annoyed me she was so snotty, I know its only a dvd, but im kinda worried about someone having our details, we are in a new house and as I said completley x-directory.
    My gut tells me that no address was asked for, as i have an unusual enough name, they probably sufficed with it.

yea gogo is pretty unusual name allright :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

88 minutes is supposed to a bad movie so maybe the person was too embarressed to give their real name

Advertisement