Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Benefit and working part time

Options
  • 20-07-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently on JB and and am actively looking for work like your supposed to. I have an interview for a part time job that, I think, is only 20 hrs a week. Are you still able to get a benefit (dont know which one) while working part time. I have two kids and have rent allowance too. My partner is also on the dole. Do we get to keep what benefits we have?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You can claim jobseekers benefit if you have found part time or casual work

Here you will find more information
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/social-welfare-payments-and-work/jobseekers-benefit-and-work

You should contact Citizens information or your local social welfare office to determine your partner's dole payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

i think in order to claim JSA you can only work three days a week. I dunno about jobseekers benefit though, it may be different. but if you and your partner work over a combined 19 hours a week then you can claim Family Income Support, which is 60% of the difference between your familys income and the set amount for a family of your size (you'll find it on the citizens advice site). Not sure if you can claim this if one parent is unemployed you'll have to ask about that, afaik you can.

Advertisement