Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to The Jacko, Swords

Options
  • 20-07-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Brought the dog down The Jacko today and a bit scary alright walking down the steps the Brackenstown side.

What's the story there? I looked at two of the passage ways down to The Jacko and both had overgrown shrubs almost blocking the path. But then on the River Valley side it's all nice, neat. Do they not want people from that side of Swords down The Jacko? :rolleyes:

Who do I get onto? Fingal County Council or something to do with Parks? Have to say my heart was in my mouth going down the path and I had the lead ready to swing.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Here you Go :

Parks Division
    Telephone (01) 890 5629
    Fax (01) 890 5649
    Email : Parks@fingalcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I often bring my youngest down that way when we go to the playground, she does not like it at all, she always insists on holding my hand on the Brackenstown side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I used to walk to school that way down to the bros a few years ago and it was always trimmed but I walked through it a month ago and I could'nt believe how bad it got.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, and considering how nice and neat the Rivervalley side is!

I'll get on to the Parks Division this week. All it needs is a bit of strimming.

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, and considering how nice and neat the Rivervalley side is!

I'll get on to the Parks Division this week. All it needs is a bit of strimming.

Hi

Any luck with the Parks Division?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I think - I *think* I heard somewhere that they are trying to discourage people from using those paths. I remember years ago a lot of rain destroyed the steps and they were never really repaired. I was down there myself recently and noticed they are letting the grass get really long, I imagine the recession means they can only maintain it every couple of months or so.

celticbest wrote: »
    Hi

Any luck with the Parks Division?

Tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow! :)

This was in the Fingal Indo.,

Grass on the verge of cut-backs

DWINDLING council resources have resulted in a 25% drop in resources available for the maintenance on grass verges and open spaces across the county. The local authority said that in this decade, the number of staff available for grass-cutting has reduced by 25% while the number of open spaces that need maintenance has increased by the same percentage.

The council was answering a question tabled by Cllr Alan Farrell (FG) who asked: ' What effect budget cuts and the reduction in staffing levels has had on the ability of the council to cut grass verges and open spaces in the county?'

Cllr Cian O'Callaghan (Lab) also tabled a question on the same issue.

The council said that over the past year it had been reviewing the level of service it provided to grass verges and open spaces across Fingal.

Based on that review, a new regime has been initiated this year and open spaces have been divided into seven categories which determines how high a priority they are for maintenance.

The council said that maps reflecting the new regime and the priorities for various areas in the county would be available by the end of the year.

The council said it was 'cognisant that the visible changes in grass maintenance is causing to many residents but we hope it can equally be understood that with the change in resources relative to the amount of land to be looked after that we cannot, and probably should not, revert to the maintenance approach as here to fore'.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/grass-on-the-verge-of-cutbacks-1833028.html

I'd say that the Path in the Jacko must be a number 7 !!

Yeah I sent an email on Friday. No response as of yet.

The dog didn't even want to go down the path yesterday!

I'd be suprised if you get a reply(it is FCC after all), I think I might try to get through to the parks dept. by phone if I get a few minutes free in work today.

• Advertisement

Imagine, a whole week to get a reply!! :rolleyes:

Larianne,

I acknowledge receipt of your email regarding the above. I have listed your request for consideration on our winter works programme.

Regards,

**** O’*****

Parks Division

(Don't wanna put up name in case I get into trouble)

FFS! Winter works programme?? I'll hardly be wanting to go down The Jacko in the freezing cold now will I or anyone else for that matter, when it gets dark early! :mad:

Advertisement