Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits beating doors down in Earls Court??????

• 20-07-2009 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

4 fellas in suits beating (and I'm not over-stating this) doors down in Earls Court all day, looks like a census or something...anyone brave enough to open the door?! :D Those that dont open the door risk flailing arms!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I think its actually door to door sales people, afaik they were training in people today...or so I'm told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Thanks Cabaal...mystery solved.
    If the 07 Jag belongs to one of the established ones I'd nearly apply myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Jehovahs my man, they want your soul if still have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ZiMZuM

it was eircom phonewatch selling external alarms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Cabaal wrote: »
    I think its actually door to door sales people, afaik they were training in people today...or so I'm told

Well, I wish they'd confine their training to the sanctity of their own office and people and stop annoying the public on their own property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

ZiMZuM wrote: »
    it was eircom phonewatch selling external alarms.

not those fcukers ...... jesus I hate them with a passion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

robtri wrote: »
    not those fcukers ...... jesus I hate them with a passion...

Absolutely. They called to me one night and practically invited themselves into my hallway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

aye its getting fair annoying, 5 people at our door yesterday, 4 chaps looking to do our garden take down our shed and build a fence, and the other was eircom phone watch

Getting out of hand

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

gscully wrote: »
    Absolutely. They called to me one night and practically invited themselves into my hallway.

They made me burn my wok :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

wellbutty wrote: »
    4 fellas in suits beating (and I'm not over-stating this) doors down in Earls Court all day, looks like a census or something...anyone brave enough to open the door?! :D Those that dont open the door risk flailing arms!
    It was Airtricity and Eircom Phonewatch yesterday. At least the rain seems to keep them away today.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

They were out in force yesterday. I had a man flogging insulation, then 3 Airtricity suits, then a gardener, then eircom phonewatch, plus a few dropping leaflets. Even the children were fed up of the parade to our door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

There was a few of them walking around town the last few days. They had the black name badges like Jehovah's, but looked a lot sterner. More like business men.

Scientologists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    There was a few of them walking around town the last few days. They had the black name badges like Jehovah's, but looked a lot sterner. More like business men.

Scientologists?

Can't be sure they were the same people, but a couple fitting that description handed me a Watchtower leaflet, so Jehovah's then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jmcc wrote: »
    It was Airtricity and Eircom Phonewatch yesterday. At least the rain seems to keep them away today.

Regards...jmcc

Those were indeed in and around places yesterday, I believe a company called D3 employee's these people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Hates lads knockin on me door so i do

Sky Television reps today. Rather persistent. Interrupted me editing a 211934 line SQL script. They're bloody lucky I didn't hack Sky in retaliation. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Sky Television reps today. Rather persistent. Interrupted me editing a 211934 line SQL script. They're bloody lucky I didn't hack Sky in retaliation. :)

Regards...jmcc

Rofl, just had him at the door just there, he seemd genuinely surprised that ive had sky for years, marked me down as having it then buggered off, had a look out after he went and was just outside my gaffe on the mobile phone

Conspiracy theories much :D

Shin

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Regards...jmcc

pfft. SQL. So old fashioned. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Regards...jmcc

It's the eircom folks you love to see with your 1MB interweb connection to keep track of what's happening on the IOLUG :D

BTW ..... SELECT 'Hello, World!'; will make that script more manageable for you :D:p:D

old gregg wrote: »
    It's the eircom folks you love to see with your 1MB interweb connection to keep track of what's happening on the IOLUG :D
    Well it is better than the 28K8 line I used to have back then but it is still more than 1Mb. :)
    BTW ..... SELECT 'Hello, World!'; will make that script more manageable for you :D:p:D
    Typical. I tried that and it broke the internet. A pile of small countries' ccTLDs disappeared but nobody noticed. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have a great solution for this sort of thing - don't answer the door. If its important they'll leave a a leaflet/number or have your number already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sure it'd be temting to say: "I has alarm. Cops come soon. Arrest you for harassment".

Advertisement