Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what to say to a prank phone caller

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Fracture wrote: »
    Answer it, then say "Its your credit" and sit the phone beside you (not hanging up the phone).

Thats what I do, amen to that tactic. Pranking usually stops fairly quickly after that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

There was this guy who was bugging me so i managed to get hold of his phone and changed my name to "Vodafone" I then texted him "Hi *****, As one of our loyal customers, you have been picked as the winner of a fantastic 20k holiday to Australia. Ring this number to claim"

The number i gave him was a Gay Sex Hotline. 14 Euros of wasted credit taught him a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

Degag wrote: »
    There was this guy who was bugging me so i managed to get hold of his phone and changed my name to "Vodafone" I then texted him "Hi *****, As one of our loyal customers, you have been picked as the winner of a fantastic 20k holiday to Australia. Ring this number to claim"

The number i gave him was a Gay Sex Hotline. 14 Euros of wasted credit taught him a lesson.

OMG Priceless! Must remember that if ever anyone is pissing me right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Tell her to fcuk off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Nay, this is much better

Caller - Is Mr Wall there

Receiver - No, no-one here by that name

Caller - There's no Walls there?

Receiver - No.

Caller - Jaysus, you'd want to get out of there before the roof falls in!

Well that's the way he would have preferred the conversation to go before he got....burned...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Jafin wrote: »
    OMG Priceless! Must remember that if ever anyone is pissing me right off.

Don't know how he wasted so much credit because i thought it'd be fairly obvious that he'd realise what he'd rang.... unless he enjoyed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chuckchuck

Best thing to do is ignore it or a sharp whistle in reply.

Advertisement