Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Childhood habits you've never lost

• 20-07-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭

The earliest childhood memories got me thinking about this.
    Any habits you've had since you were a child and never lost?

I still play with the labels on clothes.No idea why just somethin ive always done :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Rubbing my nose in a circle motion. I have a little line across it from doing it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

not something i did but i went out with with a girl who still sucked her thumb, at 25 years of age.used to bug the **** outta me. not what i wanna see as i'm lying there ,post coital. unnerving..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Picking my nose then eating it

Oh yeah, and playing with my boner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Farting under the sheets and taking a wiff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I still laugh at poo jokes, does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I cannot sleep without my Zig soft toy - he's travelled the world with me because of it!

This is him zigzag1.jpg.

He's 20+ years old now and I has lost one of his zongabongs but I seriously cannot sleep without him!

Even when living with my ex, Zig had to share the bed - got rid of the boyfriend but still have Zig!!!

Oh, and I'm 37................

Rubbing the dirt from between my toes and sniffing it.

It smells devine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

I smell my hand :)

^ Is that as weird as it looks?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Rubbing the dirt from between my toes and sniffing it.

It smells devine.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Hiding behind the couch for Doctor Who....and listening to Marillion...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sucking on titties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i still and always have stuck my tongue out to the side of my mouth when concentrating:o

seriously,there's photos of me at 18mths doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

If I'm lying in bed reading, I'll lie on my side and have one arm sticking straight up in the air. Also, biting my lip, and looking terrified when strangers talk to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Advanced nuclear physics. And masturbation.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

sleeping on my right side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I still wet the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

35notout wrote: »
    I cannot sleep without my Zig soft toy - he's travelled the world with me because of it!

This is him zigzag1.jpg.

He's 20+ years old now and I has lost one of his zongabongs but I seriously cannot sleep without him!

Even when living with my ex, Zig had to share the bed - got rid of the boyfriend but still have Zig!!!

Oh, and I'm 37................

but that teddy is really scary :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

but that teddy is really scary :eek:

I think it's gay. Judgging by the shirt.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I have a grimmy teddy i got when i was really small, prob around 4 or 5. he used to have an orange vest with his name on it, no idea where it went! but i bring him everywhere i go like hols and when i moved houses. my mam out of pity for him being naked bought him an alcatraz tshirt when we visited there in 2006, after about 10 years of nakedness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Looking sad/worried. It's my face's screensaver, unless I'm actively making another expression I'm biting my lip, frowning slightly and have my eyes widened, people always tell me to cheer up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Zangetsu wrote: »
    I smell my hand :)

^ Is that as weird as it looks?

only if its right after you wipe yer árse... :eek:

- Drav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Sucking on titties

LMAO...that proper made me laugh.......covers most boys I guess! :D
    Quackles wrote: »
    If I'm lying in bed reading, I'll lie on my side and have one arm sticking straight up in the air. Also, biting my lip, and looking terrified when strangers talk to me :)

I am ASTONISHED!!! I do this too!!!! Family/friends have told me it's the oddest thing ever to see. I literally lie there on my side too reading and my other arm stretched up in the air sometimes......:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Looking sad/worried. It's my face's screensaver, unless I'm actively making another expression I'm biting my lip, frowning slightly and have my eyes widened, people always tell me to cheer up :pac:
    I do something like this. Don't bite my lip, but i tend to have either a very serious expression on my face or seem like I'm really concentrating on something when I zone out.
    As well, I rub the end of my nose a lot. It helps me think sometimes. I can feel the cartilage in it. It's weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Chasing Girls...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dunking my toast into my tea!

Also, tea and toast is still my favorite late night snack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Smelling my pillow,some nice smells off it for some reason:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Finding things in my belly button and smelling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

The titties one made me laugh, all boys is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Still sleep with my baby blanket

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Hot milk with any cereal I have :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

i still and always have stuck my tongue out to the side of my mouth when concentrating:o

are you tiger woodstiger19.jpg%26size%3D640x386%26quality%3D60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

putting my hand down the front of my pants to keep it warm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Seaneh wrote: »
    Dunking my toast into my tea!

must try that! :D

i still blow spit bubbles when im just sitting around or if im bored. apparently used to do it all the time when i was a baby! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Excessive swearing. My parents have a video of my when i was 3-4 years old saying "F**k it" to the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Excessive swearing. My parents have a video of my when i was 3-4 years old saying "F**k it" to the camera.

Let me guess, it was a recording of the time that your parents broke the news to you that you were from Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Let me guess, it was a recording of the time that your parents broke the news to you that you were from Cork.

Nope it was when they told me in 17 years time i'd be reading a thread called "Confessions of a thanks-whore" on Boards.:p

The potential lameness off that thread hit me hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Sleeping with the covers over my head, not all the time but I find it more comforting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I admit I still have fun playing with Lego. I don't have any myself, but when I'm at my friends house, I can't help but pick up a few pieces of her sons lego and start sticking them together.

I build an awesome spaceship last week :D

And yeah, I did so under the premise of 'showing Josh (her son) how to do it'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Advanced nuclear physics. And masturbation.

In that order right?

I still play with my hair when I'm tired for some reason. Exactly as I did when I was 5 or 6.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I admit I still have fun playing with Lego. I don't have any myself, but when I'm at my friends house, I can't help but pick up a few pieces of her sons lego and start sticking them together.

I build an awesome spaceship last week :D

And yeah, I did so under the premise of 'showing Josh (her son) how to do it'.
    I love that excuse!

I'm a big fan of helping the OH's nieces with colouring in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

Napping!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

I hold my breath when ever I pass by a graveyard. Don't want to breathe in the death. lol

soundsham wrote: »
    are you tiger woodstiger19.jpg%26size%3D640x386%26quality%3D60

or maybe even Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

I still have to peel and quarter an apple before I can eat it... tastes so much nicer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

When I'm tired I stroke those little silky labels on the inside of clothes. Only when I'm tired/sleepy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Masturbation.

Advertisement