Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharpshooter heavy handed modding in AH AGAIN...

Options
  • 20-07-2009 9:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626825

I cant link to the exact post I got banned from in AH because Im banned but I ask any other mods out in modland is what I wrote actually a bannable offence. Im pretty tired of sharpshooter's modding, its caught my attention a few times, redicilously inconsistent to say the least, sometimes seems to be on a powertrip since been modded. Seeing as I havn't recieved a pm back from said mod I'll post my complaint here.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

FearDark wrote: »

I cant link to the exact post I got banned from in AH because Im banned but I ask any other mods out in modland is what I wrote actually a bannable offence.

You were banned for this post, where you called the OP a toolbox.
    Im pretty tired of sharpshooter's modding, its caught my attention a few times, redicilously inconsistent to say the least, sometimes seems to be on a powertrip since been modded. Seeing as I havn't recieved a pm back from said mod I'll post my complaint here.

Thanks.

You received a PM from me 6 minutes after your PM to me.
    That means that you sent a PM to me at 21:25 and I answered at 21:31.
    3 minutes before you set up this thread.

I can understand that you may not have read it before starting this thread.

It's a 1 day ban and IMO your PM back to me was out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I cant link to the exact post I got banned from in AH because Im banned but I ask any other mods out in modland is what I wrote actually a bannable offence. Im pretty tired of sharpshooter's modding, its caught my attention a few times, redicilously inconsistent to say the least, sometimes seems to be on a powertrip since been modded. Seeing as I havn't recieved a pm back from said mod I'll post my complaint here.

Thanks.

AH is not your playground, and if the mod in question wishes to ban you for a day for calling someone a toolbox, then thats well within their rights, and within the charter.
    If you dont like the way Ah is moderated, then I suggest you dont post there, otherwise, I suggest you start to post within the charter, or we will end up having the exact same conversation again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Retarded IMO, and my P.M. to you Sharpshooter was completely within my rights, you are a poor mod, plain and simple. See you all tomorrow.

My post wont be visible... what the hell. Get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Welcome to the world of premoderation

• Advertisement

Retarded IMO, and my P.M. to you Sharpshooter was completely within my rights, you are a poor mod, plain and simple. See you all tomorrow.

I'm sorry you feel that way FearDark, do I have your permission to post your PM here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you can report it.

I'm sorry you feel that way FearDark, do I have your permission to post your PM here?

Post away.

Post away.

My PM to you:
    Hi FearDark,

Yes, you cannot get around the abuse system by combining an insult with another word, it was quite obvious what you were calling him.

BTW, Your post was reported, and therefore had to be dealt with.

It's only for a day.

Sharpshooter.

Your PM to me:

Calling someone a "toolbox" is not in the least bit offencive, its AH, you need to lighten up.

"Its pretty obvious what you were trying to call him"

Really, whats that then? Besides a toolbox.

Christ almighty, your wrong, forget this redicilous attitude "sure its only for a day" bull.

Reverse the ban, you are a poor mod.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Feardark you got banned from AH for direct personal abuse. There can be nothing more straight forward. Sharpshooter did exactly what I would have done in that situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You're entitled to your opinion. However, you are not entitled to break the rules without being punished.

I see that post as a threat and I will ban you permanently from AH if you do the same thing again.

Terry wrote: »
    You're entitled to your opinion. However, you are not entitled to break the rules without being punished.

I see that post as a threat and I will ban you permanently from AH if you do the same thing again.

A threat?

Well I'm banned again, whats that all about then.

Hi FearDark,

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

You just love to troll dont you.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Your two posts in AH after your ban:
    Welcome to AH, ruled by the brainless....
    Indirect, but quite obviously a dig at the mods.

>_>

<_<

This is AH...
    Questioning a moderator decision on thread (read the charter. It's against the rules).
    You will also find that AH is not your personal playground. I have no idea why you would think it is.

At the end of the day, AH is not a place for lame trolls.
    Some people on this site may give the impression that it is, but it's not.
    It's a place for light hearted discussion, with some threads going a bit more in depth.
    It is the general discussion forum of boards.ie. It is not /b/.
    The charter is there for a reason.
    I suggest you read it before posting there when your ban is up.

As for the length of the ban, it increases every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It does look like you set out to poke things with a stick there.

Stick poking will often lead to the poker getting bit.

Advertisement