Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cahill Marketing

• 20-07-2009 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm looking for people who work or used to work at Cahill Marketing in Waterford. Would be most grateful for information about this firm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i doubt it will help but i haven't so much as heard of them. Try google would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

By any chance were you contacted by this company for an interview even though you don't remember applying for a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 _carrot

Has it happened to you as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

_carrot wrote: »
    I'm looking for people who work or used to work at Cahill Marketing in Waterford. Would be most grateful for information about this firm.

I work in marketing in Waterford, and I've never heard of that company...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Has it happened to you as well?

Many years ago. If you were contacted without having applied for a job by a company that has no website and nobody knows anything about them then the company is most likely one of the many "direct sales marketing" companies set up around the country. They basically sell crap door to door and you work on commission without a wage. These companies get applicants by putting up bogus job ads on well known job websites usually advertising junior manager positions.

If you have a contact number for them give them a call and ask exactly who they are and what they do.

If they do turn out to be one of these companies I could not recommend working for them. While it's hard to turn down the opportunity to earn money in these tough economic times doing door to door sales is absolutely soul destroying and without an hourly wage you most likely won't earn a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Anyone got a phone number for them so we can all avoid it?!

Hi, I'm still looking for people who work or used to work at Cahill Marketing and could tell me sth about it. I'd like to ask them a few questions, so if you work/worked there or you know someone who does/did it, I would be most grateful for getting in touch.

I had some experience with the firm and would really like to compare my thoughts with someone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Hi, I'm still looking for people who work or used to work at Cahill Marketing and could tell me sth about it. I'd like to ask them a few questions, so if you work/worked there or you know someone who does/did it, I would be most grateful for getting in touch.

I had some experience with the firm and would really like to compare my thoughts with someone else...
    is that the company thats had various name changes and sells what i would consider "crap" out of suitcases walking the streets????

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

theres a thread over on jobs/work forum about these marketing companies

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055734558

have a read incase it is one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Cahill Marketing are not even a registered company according to the Companies Registration Office.

• Advertisement

is that the company thats had various name changes and sells what i would consider "crap" out of suitcases walking the streets????

Don't know about the name changes, but from the rest of the description - that's it. You know something about them?

And I guess it is possible they go on without being registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

used to be Gallop marketing, used to be Coyote marketting

cant recommend them, no frickkin way

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Have to lock this one up here folks for legal reasons. Any thread we had on this (not this company in question) in the past has never went down well so I think its an area we wont cover here. The mods in Work & Jobs may be more prepared tho.

Sorry!

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement