Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slackware Problem

• 20-07-2009 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Right... hey everyone. I've been wanting to learn how to use linux properly now for months and have bookmarked guides and everything! But I just lacked the power to sit there and read it! So I've installed Slackware and i'm trying to follow guides to set it up nicely! I've just set up the GUI with xorgconfig and launched into it with startx. Once I get in, the setup screen comes up and I notice my mouse is off. Like where the pointer is on the screen and where the computer thinks it is are about 3 inches apart! So is there a config file for the mouse or something where i can change it? It fixes itself when I go to settings and change the resolution to something and change it back. But once I logout of the gui then it forgets it.
    Oh and i'm using a laptop! So it's a touchpad not a mouse.

Comments

Advertisement