Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS not in sent items, does this mean it was sent?

• 20-07-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

hey
    as the title says,this is a stupid thread but...
    On mobile phones if your message is not put in the sent box does that mean that it is not sent?I wrote a horrible text which I was contemplating sending and I decided not to.I think I accidentaly sent it but the message did not go into the sent folder...does that mean its not sent?
    ha kind of worried about it:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

poisonated wrote: »
    I think I accidentaly sent it but the message did not go into the sent folder...does that mean its not sent?
    ha kind of worried about it:o

It means nothing. What phone do you have?
    When you normally send a text does it save in a sent folder?

Its an option that you can turn on and off. If you do type a text, and don't send it, normally it will save in the drafts folder. If you click send, but the message doesn't send maybe because a network problem it normally remains in the 'outbox'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

OP - I fixed your thread title. You'll find you get more people in the thread when they know what it's about :)

Do you have an outbox? Is it sitting in there?

What network are you on? You can check online with most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

A lot of phones have the option to save sent texts- I think its something you have to activate though- I have never activated this so I never have anything in my sent box- (nokia phone)- therefore, I have no record of the message- only the pop up box saying message sent- sorry- I know my post doesn't help you as it's certainly not discounting the possiblity that the text was sent - hopefully it didn't send- try sending another text to that person saying sorry- text sent in error- if they phone back saying what text, then you know ure in the clear- best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Thanks for the replies,its all good.Random your probably right thanks.the fact still remains that it is a stupid thread though ha.
    it normally tells me the messages that I have sent but I always think what if....I know its weird:D
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

poisonated wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies,its all good.Random your probably right thanks.the fact still remains that it is a stupid thread though ha.
    it normally tells me the messages that I have sent but I always think what if....I know its weird:D
    thanks

Hi, what type of a phone is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Do you have delivery reports switchede on. Lots of nokias have a log that records the details of all communications to and from the phone. If it was sent it should appear in there. Also you could check online, have a look at your call and account history.

Advertisement