Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation help!

Options
  • 20-07-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My sister has to go to dublin at the wkend for a College course.

She can't find accommodation because of the U2 concert. She'd take a hotel room, B& B etc but within a short distance of the city centre (or within a short taxi drive).

anyone got any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Want to narrow down an area, and what nights. What about a bit outside but getting a bus/luas/dart as that would help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Thanks Davy,

My Sisters will be working near the IFSC, so somewhere central would be preferable.

She doesn't know dublin at all really, so somewhere that doesn't require a lot of bus transfers would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

There are a good few coastal B&B's on the coast road in Clontarf, I hate B&B's myself, but sometimes you don't have an option. It's a straight walk/bus up the coast road, straight on to Fairview strand, straight on to Amiens st. and you are there.

http://www.bnb-network.com/bed-breakfast.html?country=ireland&county=Dublin&town=Clontarf

My girlfriend had rented a room in ranelagh which had few students and the couple who own the house in it. Depending on the people, this usually is cheaper than a B&B. Find out how much it is to rent a room for weekends, not worth paying a fortune for hotel or B&B.

Edit: As far as i know, people do rent these rooms for a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

try the ibis in clondalkin - €50 a nite, luas 2 min walk away and wud take bout 35 mins to get ot connolly station then your right in ifsc
    try days inn rathmines, or travellodge or portobello hotel. 10 mins on bus into town, but dont know prices, B&B on scr aswell thinks its called inishown - again 10 mins on bus to cc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

How about somewhere along the dart line?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Having a problem gettin a hotel too this weekend (Saturday night). Everything is wiped out for friday & saturday. Could they all be booked or are they playing games with pricing etc?

if you try further out u shd get room alrite - bewleys in newlands x is €69 per nite, dunno bout availabilty

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

messrs wrote: »
    if you try further out u shd get room alrite - bewleys in newlands x is €69 per nite, dunno bout availabilty

Gone, all gone. They all have friday and saturday completely crossed out for this weekend. All bewleys... Leopardstown, ballsbridge etc... gone. Its very strange. Surely U2 cannot be causing all this. Ive gotten rooms no bother at last minute on all ireland final days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Hi,
    I booked the Raddisson at the airport last night for Friday. Was not cheap at about 180 for a double room but at least the airport bus will bring us in and out and we don't have to worry about parking or anything.

• Advertisement

citywest hotel still hve rooms available for sat nite - U2 special, double room €79 breakfast ncluded (per room not per person)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can book rooms thru http://www.visitdublin.com. One i found was a hotel in dunlaoighre which would be fine with the dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I just did a quick look on hostelworld there and i can't believe there is not one hostel free!

Have you tried Trinity I know they used to do B&B in the on campus, not in Dartry ones.

Heres a link which might be helpful

https://accommodation.tcd.ie/VisitorBookings/BnB/Step1.aspx

Hope she finds something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

try www.hostelworld.com

I just looked at it there and there is availability in ucd village which is well serviced by buses and is reasonably close to town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Deer Park Hotel in Howth should be cheap enough, it's 3 star. Near enough to the dart and has fantastic views.

Advertisement