Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life meaning/healing tattoo

Options
  • 20-07-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I am looking for ideas on a tattoo that will give life a significant meaning and live it to the fullest & appreciate. Or a tattoo giving appreciation to everyone you know how precious life is, something along these lines. So let me explain why I want this.
    I am a mature guy who basically over the years I have had a few mates that have died which has really had a bad impact on me. I have not had many relatives die, actually only my grandfather which was nearly 10 years ago (I am 21). My mates (total 4) have all died young, one only a few days ago and all from different incidents (suicide, car crash etc.).
    I get a bit depressed (i suppose that's natural enough) so I want something to help in a healing process & appreciate life a little bit more everytime something like this happens or I need a pick me up on relation to it.
    Sorry for the rant, don't even know if this belongs here or PI instead but please give as much input as you can.

Cheers,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Being honest? Unless you decide on a tattoo personal to you and your circumstances, I don't see how it'll remind you of those people and events.

It would be very easy for me to say, "Oh 'x' grieving person got such-and-such a tattoo." Just because it meant something to them, doesn't mean it'll mean anything to you.

Unless you particularly want a specific tattoo, I'd advise you to go for a different way of remembering your friends. For now at least.

Deepest sympathies xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

get whatever you like.
    it doesn't need to be a big brazen sign of grieve. infact, its probably better that it is just something you associate with life. what will matter is the reason behind it and that you love the design, not if its a suitable tattoo for the meaning attached to it. who's right to say what that is anyway.

Advertisement