Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband loughrea

Options
  • 20-07-2009 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

hi there, just a quick one.

anyone have any opinions or thoughts on broadband around Loughrea area?

just looking for a good fast service around the area ?

also, is NTL currently available, for digital TV or it SKY the only option ?

many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

from what i know its just sky is the option for tv. at least when we moved there a year ago it was.
    as for broadband :mad: we are using the vodafone 3G, its faster than dial up, but anything more than web browsing, maybe downloading the odd song and its a waste of time. no movie downloads anyway!
    Can always go with eircom, or any others who provide via phone line, but its a rip off. so is vodafone i guess, so i must try the o2/three modems soon, see if they are up to vodafone standard, if they are i'll change

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Hi - Our provider, Airwire, also cover the Loughrea area. We are quite happy with their service. http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/coverage

Valerie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

Been with eircom,crap!
    BT not bad!
    and finally UTV find them good/ok but if Bt become cheaper i would switch back!
    slan
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

hey OP

have ntl digital tv at home, works a charm, although they seem to have an odd habit of putting on channels without us requesting them, e.g. Sky Sports... we complained but we're still getting them - possibly for free at this stage! not sure what broadband we run on but its plenty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

I use http://www.lightnet.ie/ as they are not to far from loughrea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

hi
    We have BT broadband in the house in loughrea, and its allways working, never givin us any issue.

my father users eircom at home about 30 miles from loughrea, and the amount of time it goes down is scandalous....it regulary goes down for a day at a time...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement