Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anne of Green Gables

Options
  • 20-07-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

As a child, I loved Anne of Green Gables and read it several times. I might have read one or two of the sequels, but most of them weren't available in my local library.

My eight-year-old sister has now fallen in love with the books, and any of them that weren't available in the library, we were able to read together online. However - thinking ahead - I wanted to buy her the entire set for Christmas. But I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I'd be very surprised if it didn't!

By the way - for anyone who's read Anne of Green Gables but not the rest of the series - the last two books are excellent!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'd say you'd have to buy the books individually, amazon.co.uk seem to have most or all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Thanks Silverfish, they've all of them on Amazon by various publishers, but as my sister really seems to love them, I'd love to get a "set" for her (and secretly for me!!!) as a keepsake - but none of the publishers seem to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

God, I loved Anne of Green Gables. Also The Story Girl, Emily of New Moon, Jane of Lantern Hill. Prince Edward Island seemed like such a magical place. It seems silly, but I can't find my copy of Anne of Green Gables so i've ordered a new one (but the same type - the one that tied in with the series) so I can read it on the morning of my wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

Amazon.com is the only place I've seen the set but the shipping is likely to cost more than the books. I had one but got rid of it when we moved house and had no space for books.

Advertisement