Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulduar 10 setup

• 21-07-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

What do you think the perfect setup is for ulduar 10 man. I normally organise it and get some alts in to gear them up, but this week I want to take mains only. With priority on killing yogg. Only boss we have not killed in 10 or 25 ulduar.

Any suggestions? All the main characters do not have any problem when it comes to healing, dps or tanking.

We hope to do some hardmodes, but which hard mode bosses would be plausable?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

10 man druid run.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

the set up we used to clear ulduar ten was:

warrior/dk tanks (both could swap to dps if needed)
    holy priest, holy paladin and resto druid for healing
    shadowpriest,warlock,mages,hunter,rogue for dps and we were fine. could do most hard modes with that set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

(was going to make new topic but)

Not to drag the topic totally astray, but any advice anyone could throw ( be it in pm to avoid thread clutter) as to what I need to be focusing on for Ulduar gear. A run last night I had to be looked over because of my poor dps in relation to others ( rightly so).

I believe that hit rating is something locks need to adhere too, so I've been looking into that, but any additional advice would be sweet.

I figure that I need to just do a few naxx and voa runs or something till i get some sweet gears, but any info I might be missing, I'm all ears :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

get pvp trinkets to boost your hit rating once you hit 14% focus on haste . then your sorted.

pvp rings + trinkets should get you fairly close
    ebonweave chest shoudl also help and then there is the gloves which i think give +hit

TheDoc wrote: »
    (was going to make new topic but)

Not to drag the topic totally astray, but any advice anyone could throw ( be it in pm to avoid thread clutter) as to what I need to be focusing on for Ulduar gear. A run last night I had to be looked over because of my poor dps in relation to others ( rightly so).

I believe that hit rating is something locks need to adhere too, so I've been looking into that, but any additional advice would be sweet.

I figure that I need to just do a few naxx and voa runs or something till i get some sweet gears, but any info I might be missing, I'm all ears :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

Theres a good caster nuke group that benefits from each others buffs;

Warrior/DK tanking
    Priest/Druid healing
    Mage
    Ele shaman (crit buff & totems)
    Balance druid (crit buff)
    Spriest (misery)
    Warlock
    Then use last spots for; dps dk/rogue/ret pally/dps warr (maybe enh shaman for earth shock benefits)

You could always throw a huntard in there but its nice to have at least one melee. Its also nice to bring say dual speccd warriors/DKs just so they can switch out to dps when not needed or swtich to tank if you do infact need the 3.

As for hardmodes; XT is the easiest thats do-able. Council requires amazing dps at the end so if theyre up to that try it. Flame levi w/ 4 towers is tricky more than hard, itll waste a lot of time doing attempts. Dont attempt mimiron its a bastard as is yogg without keepers.
    as to what I need to be focusing on for Ulduar gear. A run last night I had to be looked over because of my poor dps in relation to others ( rightly so).

Elitist jerks' website might be able to give you some better stat breakdowns than me since i havent a warlock.

Anyway; for every dps raiding you _HAVE_ to be hit capped. Its the first stat you have to get to raid. Even for naxxramas you should be hit capped.

You'll need to look into which spec does the most dps with the gear you have. Affliction might do amazing dps; but only if you have the gear for it. Destro or demo might be better for you if your gear isnt up to standard.

Firstly though you need to get hit capped. Then youre looking for about 2k+ spellpower and then start stacking haste.

Its also handy to armory other warlocks to see where their stats are and how theyve gemmed and enchanted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement