Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of NZ ski season

Options
  • 21-07-2009 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    I'm trying to get over for the end of the ski season and am hearing conflicting dates.
    I finish work at the end of August and am going to do some more travelling around oz and make my way over to NZ at the end of September. Where should I go so as to have as many days as possible on the slopes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Most of them shut last weekend in September or first weekend in October. Sometimes they might extend the south island fields like Mt Hutt for a week or so. I think Whakapapa and Turoa usually stay open the longest- until November last year but it depends on the snow base. Very nice here in the spring too- long warm days, t-shirts and cold beers, although it gets pretty slushy in the afternoon.

Keep an eye on www.snow.co.nz to see how the bases are looking later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Yeah, I'm told Ruapehu in the middle of the north island makes it into October. Didn't hear it makes it into November though, you'll have to check that one. Was up about 3 weeks ago for my first ever time snowboarding. Hated it like I've never hated anything for the first day and a half. Really enjoyed myself the last half day though, so will be back to improve at least once or twice before it closes up.

Advertisement