Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane beers - Friday 24th July

Options
  • 21-07-2009 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I fancy going for some beer on Friday evening. Anyone want to join me?

Will organise a venue once we know who all wants to go, preferably somewhere that's not too mad busy so we'll be able to find each other easily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Push it back a week and you can count me in :p. Won't be in Brisbane 'til the 29th!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah, fvckit, we'll try this again.

suggested venues please???

or a prefered location andwe can figure it out from there.

twould be good to all meet up before the EKKA starts :D:D

its comin around shortly cos I got me RNA membership badge in the post last week ;) Freeeeebies are great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

Ok, well Friday 31st is probably better, and then Passive can join us too for a drink.

OK I'm cool with that, I have to go to FNQ again this wekend anyway :(

Eh I should have said that earlier maybe more people would have been interested in the Beers ;)

Siiighh... Plan change. I don't think I'll be arriving in Brisbane until the 31st, as the O/H got extras work here in Sydney, and we needs the money. We'll be hitting town about 10:20, heading to Costin Street to drop our bags and get keys. If there's still anything going on we could head out and join ye after?

Or if this plan isn't coming together we'll maybe take the later train Friday and arrive Saturday morning...

... Edit: leaning very sharply towards the 4pm train instead of the 7am... mbleh... Sorry, hope this is fun if it goes ahead, and promise to be in attendance at any future event!

• Advertisement

Alright...new attempt, any interest in this or next friday? I'm 100% in anyway, alongside the lady and a guy from college i bumped into in Sydney Central on the way here. Any boardsies up for a few pints to add to this number?
    Also, Brisbane seems like a really cool city. What is Ekka though? The signs all over are confusing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

I can't do this Friday, but certainly can do the Friday after.

If you have any interest in the GAA, I'm going to a pub tonight that'll be showing the Dublin v Kerry match at 11pm.

Not really much for the sport, and don't have two cents to rub together just yet, but next friday is good for us anyway, know any good venues? Only place I've drank so far was ric's, which seemed alright

Right, EKKA Starts on thursday, so for the next two weeks if you want to find me in the evenings I will be at the 'Stockmans Bar' in the RNA.

I may venture ocasionaly to the cattlemens Bar, I will not be in the Woodchop Bar after sunset.

W00t for Members passes :D

if you are lookin for me durin the day you will find me in the Private members bar under the grandstand - opposite the Chanel 9 sports Bar - they have real glasses :)

EKKA RAWKS

bzanned til sunday:D:D

Decorum is summat I must teach the bhoys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

we used go to showgirls after work every friday, on queen street mall, down a lane opposite burger king !
    nice place :D

Advertisement