Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avent BPA-Free Bottles

Options
  • 21-07-2009 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks, With baby#2 on the way next month I need bottles!!
    With #1 we used Avent and all was fine. Since then it turns out the bottles were the work of the devil with it's evil BPA content.

I understand Avent have brought out BPA-free bottles now (more expensive of course!). Since we would like to continue using Avent (because we have the steriliser!) has anyone had any experience with the BPA-free ones?
    I looked them up on Amazon and they are getting bad reviews, leaks etc (I thought that would have been down to the teats but hey, what do I know!).

Also I've noticed the evil BPA ones are still widely available so that leads me to my next question, is this just one big over-reaction or shall I expect child #1 for numbers on her scalp as a result of being brought up on Avent BPA riddled bottles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

We used MAM bottles. You can get them in Boots and they are relatively cheap. We used the advent steriliser for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

stodwyer wrote: »
    We used MAM bottles. You can get them in Boots and they are relatively cheap. We used the advent steriliser for them..

checked their website and can't find anything of that description but I will pop in and check in store, thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tommee Tippee bottles are bpa free too.
    We used both avent and tommee tippee but found the tommee tippee ones better.
    Boots own brand microwave bottles are fantastic too:)

Advertisement