Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night bus to the airport

Options
  • 21-07-2009 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, just a quick question about the 2am Bus Eireann bus that goes to Dublin Airport from Sligo.

I have to take it next week and was just wondering is it usually very busy, like would you be gaurunteed a seat on it, or do you have to get there early?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'd be almost certain that you would definitely get a seat on it. I can't imagine too many people using the service, however I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

this thread just prompted me to check out the airport service, and guess what, acording to the timetable, BE only run once service a day to dublin via the airport, this one

looks like i'll be sticking to the plane/train for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

irish-stew wrote: »
    this thread just prompted me to check out the airport service, and guess what, acording to the timetable, BE only run once service a day to dublin via the airport, this one

looks like i'll be sticking to the plane/train for now

I would normally take the train or the plane but my flight out of Ireland is at 9.30 so no way I get there in time. Can't stay overnight in Dublin either because I have to be somewhere in Sligo all day and evening before. (Pain in the arse!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm pretty sure you'll be safe in getting a seat.

No point getting there early either, Irish people don't do queuing. :D You'll be knackered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

How much is it out of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

I know that the late night buses from Monaghan to the airport are very busy, but there is always a second bus on standby in case the first one is full. Maybe the same system operates in Sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

CSC wrote: »
    How much is it out of interest?

19 euro for a one-way ticket, if I remember correctly. I don't know what the return price is, sorry!

Oh and by the way, it was about a quarter full the day I got it.

Advertisement