Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the GCSE's?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I am interested in going back to college to do veterinary nursing. I am already interested in a college in cork. But i am also interested in a college in scotland. There seems to be more of a choice in the uk, so i am looking at courses over there too.

The course i am interested in asks for GSCEs? What would the equilvalent be here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

GCSE's would be a slightly higher level than Junior cert but lower than leaving cert. In order to apply for courses in UK UCAS is used. They will take Leaving cert results into account when applying, its like in Ireland where application is based soley off points, other stuff are taken into account also.
    Check UCAS.co.uk for more info.

Advertisement