Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sven Goran Erikksson to Notts County?

• 21-07-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

I didn't see a Notts County superthread, so I thought I'd start a new thread :p

From The Telegraph

Sven Goran Eriksson lined up for Notts County job

Telegraph Sport understands that the club’s new owners from the Middle East, the Munto Finance consortium, have put together proposals that would facilitate the Swede's unlikely return to management in the lower reaches of English football.
    County are one of the founder members of the Football League and the oldest league club in the country but finished last season in 19th place in the bottom division.
    Sven-Goran Eriksson 'would love to return to England?
    Eriksson's previous clubs include Fiorentina and Benfica and should the deal be completed to take him to Nottingham it would be a huge departure from positions where he has been instantly competitive for trophies.
    Eriksson, sacked by Mexico earlier this year, is thought to be willing to listen to County’s new owners' offer and their ambitious plans set out for the club. Eriksson would be handed an executive role with a remit to develop the entire footballing side of the operation, with a coach working under him.
    Munto have set out a 10-year plan in which they aim to resurrect County’s fortunes.
    Eriksson had been linked with a return to the Premier League with Portsmouth but now appears more likely to roll up at Meadow Lane to undertake something of a restoration project.
    County were in the top division as recently as 1992 but in recent years have flirted with bankruptcy and have not finished higher than the midpoint of the bottom division since 2005 playing to crowds of less than 5,000.
    However, Peter Trembling, the club’s new chairman and chief executive, believes that the club’s dormant potential can be unlocked thanks to the overseas financing.
    “I firmly believe this is a momentous day for all those involved with Notts County, particularly the club’s loyal supporters,” he said earlier this month when the deal went through.

Is this a joke? The Telegraph is a paper I've never bought, so I'm not sure how reputable it is. Henry Winter, who I believe is a fairly respect football writer, had a post (or "tweet" or whatever) on twitter that said "good sources indicate something is happening".

It'd be an interesting idea, to get someone like Erikksson and try and build the club up from the bottom, but if he failed, he'd surely never get another job in football.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Who? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Who? ;)

SaveOurSven_468x315.jpgSNF29SVEN_478465a.jpg

The guy who used to manage Manchester City, who you wanted to keep on managing them, until he was sacked, then you didn't want him any more.

That guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Never heard of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Interesting times are afoot for Nottinghams football teams it would seem.

Forest have been on a spending spree the likes of which I have not seen in a few years, it looks like we might be about to make a decent fist of promotion in the next couple of years.

yooouuuu rrrreedddssss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Des wrote: »
    The guy who used to manage Manchester City, who you wanted to keep on managing them, until he was sacked, then you didn't want him any more.

There is a quite a lot of this in Manchester of late.. Must be something in the water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Oops didnt see this delete my thread, Sven is confirmed. Secretaries of Notts Co. watch out.

Advertisement