Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menu: Edu forums

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    - School : ...
    - Third Level : ...
    - Further Study - ...
    that structure looks good to me. Also agree strongly on putting full names for colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Maybe have Careers and Job discussions as a forum of its own instead of a subforum of the LC. A lot of the stuff in there isnt just LC oriented.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

unknown13 wrote: »
    I think the "Careers and Jobs Discussion" forum should be re-named to the "Courses, Careers and Jobs Discussion" forum to give LC students a place to talk about courses.

What's wrong with using the individual college forums for discussing courses?
    That forum is fine as is, though I think it would benefit from being removed as a subforum for Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jammyc wrote: »
    Maybe have Careers and Job discussions as a forum of its own instead of a subforum of the LC. A lot of the stuff in there isnt just LC oriented.
    Jay P wrote: »
    What's wrong with using the individual college forums for discussing courses?
    That forum is fine as is, though I think it would benefit from being removed as a subforum for Leaving Cert.
    Boards already has a Work and Jobs forum though.

The idea of this particular sub-forum was that it would be a resource for LC students trying to focus on potential careers, what they really involve, how to get there, appropriate courses, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Boards already has a Work and Jobs forum though.

The idea of this particular sub-forum was that it would be a resource for LC students trying to focus on potential careers, what they really involve, how to get there, appropriate courses, etc.

I didn't realise that to be honest.

I know the function it serves, all I meant was that it seems a bit quieter than I had thought it would/should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jay P wrote: »
    I know the function it serves, all I meant was that it seems a bit quieter than I had thought it would/should be.
    Nor would I disagree.

It was fairly busy when it was first set up ... it may simply be that at this stage of the year people are concentrating on the exams?

Advertisement