Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with exercise regime

Options
  • 21-07-2009 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys,

I'm new to the boards and wonder if any of ye can help me. I'm 28 year old female and have lost 49 pounds with weight watchers. I am currently struggling to lose the last few pounds. I wanted some advise on my gym regime. I have had regular enough assessments at the gym but now my weight loss it as a standstill.

I go to the gym on average 4 times a week. I am planning to do the 10 mile run in the phoenix park in August and am anxious to built up my stamina for that. Since my last assessment (with the run in mind and advice of instructor) i have been doing:

Day 1 10k on the treadmill -5min fast walk warm up and then jogging at 5 min intervals at 9.0 and then 8.0 for 5min and so on till I hit 10 k

Day 2- 30mins as above at 9.0 and 8.0, 15 mins at level 10 on the cross trainer, 100 cruches and 60 reps each side on th oblique/torso machine

Repeat same as day 1 on day 3

Repeat same of day 2 on day 4

I watch everything I eat and track it. I eat my allocated amount of points every day.

I open to suggestions on above, however my fittness is only at a certain level so for e.g if the speed was to be increased on the treadmill I don't think I be able to last the length of time iykwim.

Advertisement