Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson - Tevez not worth £25m

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Tevez will be playing week in week out at City. Himself & Adebayour will be first choice imo.
    Your opinion, but you arent Mark Hughes....or are you :eek:
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    *sigh*

Yes we have a lot of forwards, but for the umpteenth time - Hughes said he will sell AFTER he buys. Some of them will be gone by the time the season starts.

We will be left with probably 5 strikers - Adebayor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bojinov, and Caicedo (he might go out on loan though). Bellamy, Evans and Benjani could be shown the door.
    Grand. So he gets rid of the excess baggage. He's still left with Manu, Tevez, RSC and Bellamy (He wont sell him in this window). So he could well start with RSC and Manu with Tevez being the 3rd wheel.

Benjani / Caicedo and Bojinov playing for a move in pre-season if they can beg the game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Yeah sums it up nicely for me.

I can understand some of the bad blood that some fans have and obviously choosing City is a no-no.

He just needs to shut up now though and get on with his career.

Who Ferguson or Tevez? ;)

As for someone who said that Ferguson wouldnt let a player go out of spite - Thats Kwality that is its exactly what he does and has done repeatedly and actually he didnt 'let' Tevez go, Tevez left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Well would you be happier if he'd joined Liverpool for less money, but with more chance of winning silverware?

Actually I retract Liverpool from that list, he probably has more chance of winning silverware at City. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Same as this. I really admired Tevez for the sheer work rate he put in alone. When the City game comes around, I won't be booing him

With posters like this up now he is going to get killed, although I do love the banter and have no problem with the poster.

tevezboard1.jpg

I actually love pictures like that, pure genius!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Who Ferguson or Tevez? ;)

Both tbh, hes moved on, lets leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Het-Field wrote: »
    That may be true.

However, I would be concerned if I was a Man Utd fan. Losing Tevez and Ronaldo is of no benefit at all. Plus, taking a punt on Michael Owen could be a master stroke, or a master flop. I feel that Fergie will need to pull another masterstroke in the Transfer Market, before I will believe Man Utd are going to retain their title.

Yeah I agree with you here. Of course losing Tevez and Ronaldo is of no benefit. Like I said before Tevez is a very good player and would be brilliant to have if he was cheaper and content to be third choice and obviously Ronaldo is pretty much irreplaceable.

I'm also not going to delude myself into thinking we have signed the 18 year-old Michael Owen, though he will get a few goals and is not under the illusion that he will be starting.

At this point I don't think United will sign anyone else. Ferguson wanted Benzema and I would guess he thought he'd get him. Benzema to Madrid was a bit of a shock, as they were heavily linked with Villa at the time and had already got Kaka and Ronaldo.

*sigh*

Yes we have a lot of forwards, but for the umpteenth time - Hughes said he will sell AFTER he buys. Some of them will be gone by the time the season starts.

We will be left with probably 5 strikers - Adebayor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bojinov, and Caicedo (he might go out on loan though). Bellamy, Evans and Benjani could be shown the door.

I never imagined I'd be feeling sympathy for Craig Bellamy but he has done absolutely nothing wrong at City. They signed him, he scored goals, got injured for a bit and now finds himself demoted to fourth choice at best. Actually I guess it's vaguely similar to what happened to Tevez at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Boggles wrote: »
    He could have joined, Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Real Madrid.

Only world class players go to clubs like that, and according to some posters here recently Tevez isn't in that category apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Only world class players go to clubs like that, and according to some posters here recently Tevez isn't in that category apparently.

He has done nothing to prove that he is world class yet but he is a very good player.

Yeah and he isn't world class, players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Gerrard ,Torres, Messi and Macheda are world class.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah and he isn't world class, players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Gerrard ,Torres, Messi and Macheda are world class.

oh stop ur killin me here i cant laugh any harder i might do permanent damage :D Talk about deluded

This has to go in someones sig...

This has to go in someones sig...

Jesus boys I thought you'd get the sarcasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

it's a tough crowd.

:D Sarcasm?? Is that like when Fergie said Tevez wasnt worth £25m after he tried to buy him for that :confused:

:D Sarcasm?? Is that like when Fergie said Tevez wasnt worth £25 after he tried to buy him for that :confused:

No it's me saying a 17 year kid that has started one premiership game is a world class player in the same league as Messi etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

:D Sarcasm?? Is that like when Fergie said Tevez wasnt worth £25 after he tried to buy him for that :confused:

well worth 25 quid in fairness... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

oh stop ur killin me here i cant laugh any harder i might do permanent damage :D Talk about deluded

If you believed he or anyone in fact who would include macheda is in this bracket and was serious and was not JOKING you are the one who is deluded.

And to those who thanked the post, cmon ffs

Phew!!

• Advertisement

If you believed he or anyone in fact who would include macheda is in this bracket and was serious and was not JOKING you are the one who is deluded.

It does turn into a playground with the thanks option, although I thought those two had more sense.

Anyway Tevez is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

You'd be suprised some of stuff some on here believe, do you know that there are some who have argued that Michael Owen is an able replacement for Tevez :D And that Berbatov had a better season than Tevez ;)

It does turn into a playground with the thanks option, although I thought those two had more sense.

Well I have been told :o

And that Berbatov had a better season than Tevez ;)

Scored more, setup more, played more, Oh and he is still with the premier league champions. I would say Berbs had a good season, far better than Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

lol at the people not getting the Macheda sarcasm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Unearthly wrote: »
    lol at the people not getting the Macheda sarcasm :D
    Liverpool supporters, clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

You'd be suprised some of stuff some on here believe, do you know that there are some who have argued that Michael Owen is an able replacement for Tevez :D And that Berbatov had a better season than Tevez ;)

I know, it's getting increasingly difficult to figure out reading some of these posts wether these guys are serious or taking the mick:D
    I for one am really gonna look carefully at what they say next about Tevez being a less able player than Berba but I really wish they would use the :rolleyes: guy from now on for clarity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

With regards to the oft-mentioned Tevez/Berbatov debate, I've been having a look at a run-down of the player's stats over the past three seasons:

2006/07 stats:

Carlos Tevez (West Ham) - 19 league starts, 7 goals, 5 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Spurs) - 30 league starts, 12 goals, 11 assists

Verdict: Berbatov has a slightly better strike rate and a far better assists record.

2007/08 stats:

Carlos Tevez (Man Utd) - 31 league starts, 14 goals, 6 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Spurs) - 33 league starts, 15 goals, 11 assists

Verdict: Berbatov has a marginally better strike rate and again a far better assists record.

2008/09 stats:

Carlos Tevez (Man Utd) - 18 league starts, 5 goals, 3 assists

Dimitar Berbatov (Man Utd) - 29 league starts, 9 goals, 9 assists

Verdict: Berbatov once more has a better strike rate and again a comprehensively better assists record.

In summary then, it would appear based on the past 3 seasons that Berbatov is more likely to get you a goal or an assist than Tevez.
    You'd be suprised some of stuff some on here believe, do you know that there are some who have argued that Michael Owen is an able replacement for Tevez:D

Tevez's record last season was nothing special with just 5 league goals. If Owen can better that then he will be an able replacement for Tevez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Nani - 17m
    Carrick - 18m
    Anderson - 18m
    Berbatov - 30m
    Hargreaves - 17m

So he dosent mind spending stupid amounts of money on pretty average players like the ones above, but 25m for a world class player like Tevez seems too much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

tdv wrote: »
    Nani - 17m
    Carrick - 18m
    Anderson - 18m
    Berbatov - 30m
    Hargreaves - 17m

So he dosent mind spending stupid amounts of money on pretty average players like the ones above, but 25m for a world class player like Tevez seems too much?

Nani and Anderson are still quite young and I wouldn't be calling them 'pretty average' just yet, especially in the case of Anderson.

Before United bought Carrick, they had gone three years without winning the League. Since buying him, they have won three in a row. Obviously this isn't all down to Carrick, but I would say that his impact was more than just 'average.'

Describing Hargreaves as pretty average is laughable. If you had said injury prone you would have a point, but a fit Hargreaves is up there with the very best defensive midfielders in the world.

Berbatov seems to be like Sue Barker or Marmite, you either love him or you hate him, and while I'm not overly keen on Barker or Marmite, I think Berbatov is class. Yes he is lazy at times, but his control and vision is as good as pretty much any other player in the world.

As for Tevez, while it is hard to define what exactly world class means, I would not use it to describe him. As I have said before in this thread, he is not intelligent enough on the ball or skillful enough to be described as world class.

Personally, I would prefer United to keep all the players you mentioned other than Nani over Tevez.

Advertisement